FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
Re: Morgan Smith : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:09 pm  
Bit underwhelming if true stand of or scrum half is the most important positions on the park now Think it leaves us a bit short in those possions .
Re: Morgan Smith : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:21 pm  
alegend wrote:
Bit underwhelming if true stand of or scrum half is the most important positions on the park now Think it leaves us a bit short in those possions .


When are you not underwhelmed? :wink:
Re: Morgan Smith : Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:51 pm  
If I’m thinking of the right player I thought Pete Smith was his dad, I’m pretty sure I worked with MS’s (overbearing) grandad who went to every game with him, was renowned for telling coaches etc where they had gone wrong when not picking MS.
Re: Morgan Smith : Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:56 pm  
JINJER wrote:
If I’m thinking of the right player I thought Pete Smith was his dad, I’m pretty sure I worked with MS’s (overbearing) grandad who went to every game with him, was renowned for telling coaches etc where they had gone wrong when not picking MS.


Nope grandad or at least that’s what it states everywhere I’ve looked. I don’t know personally, just what I read.
Re: Morgan Smith : Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:03 pm  
JINJER wrote:
If I’m thinking of the right player I thought Pete Smith was his dad, I’m pretty sure I worked with MS’s (overbearing) grandad who went to every game with him, was renowned for telling coaches etc where they had gone wrong when not picking MS.


I don't know for sure but Pete Smith is 67 now.
If he's the dad he'd have had Morgan at 43 which is possible.
That would put the grandad at at least 83 now.
So depends how old the guy you are thinking of was when you knew him.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:05 am  
Re: Morgan Smith : Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:08 am  
PopTart wrote:
I don't know for sure but Pete Smith is 67 now.
If he's the dad he'd have had Morgan at 43 which is possible.
That would put the grandad at at least 83 now.
So depends how old the guy you are thinking of was when you knew him.

After thinking about it I think Pete Smith is his grandad but the (overbearing) one I’m thinking of might well be the grandad from the other side of the family. A right pain.
Re: Morgan Smith : Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:16 am  
JINJER wrote:
After thinking about it I think Pete Smith is his grandad but the (overbearing) one I’m thinking of might well be the grandad from the other side of the family. A right pain.


If he's half the player Pete Smith was we'll do ok.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:27 am  
Good stuff.

Now rather than being underwhelmed or whatever, can we not rejoice in the fact that the club has signed a young British HB, with 30+ SL games under his belt and his best years yet to come. Give him a chance. Just for once some positivity pleeeeeeeeeeease. :PRAY:

He's also heavily tattooed on both arms, so he's bound to be good :WHISTLE:
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:45 am  
I know highlight videos are sometimes deceiving but he looks pretty creative to me, and he certainly backs himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGyGOodqdsY
I know highlight videos are sometimes deceiving but he looks pretty creative to me, and he certainly backs himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGyGOodqdsY
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dannyboywt1 and 252 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity