RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:36 pm  
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:36 pm  

Frosties. wrote:
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm
Posts: 10375
Member for 16 years
As you were.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:52 am  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:52 am  
Once were Loiners Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:00 pm
Posts: 438
Member for 1 year
Agree with Seth's comments on v3.0. We were looking mighty skinny with respect to actual props before Holroyd got injured, and it was only a matter of time before one of them became unavailable. In a completely normal season prop you'd expect to have one prop unavailable at any point in time through injury.

What worries me is how light our bench might be. Most of the time Agar maxes out with two props on the bench even when everyone's fit and often just one (nearly all games in 2020), so I'm not sure he'll be as worried as others. I just think its not a very good idea - most NRL sides generally have one light utility forward and three boppers on the bench for a reason, albeit often with a Thompson-esque prop/second row in the mix. Your bench hooker then covers the halves and you just muddle through with a second row elsewhere in the backs if one of the others gets injured.

As far as I'm aware only Agar has this obsession with 'middles'. The knock on effect is not having enough genuine props and having too many second rows in the squad. We've got Bentley, Gannon, Martin, Mellor, Donaldson and Walters fighting over two starting positions which means its likely two of them will be on the bench at any time and at least one of them will be expected to fill in as a prop at some stage.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:12 am  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:12 am  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:11 pm
Posts: 11104
Location: Pudsey
Member for 20 years
We offered King a new deal which he turned down.Konnie was offered a deal which he turned down.Both these were confirmed Agar. Martin signed his deal after both the above deals were turned down.We couldn't sign all three due to quota regulations.I never saw the logic in resigning Martin when we were already short of props but had plenty of second row options. I can only think there just wasnt the right prop out there to sign so Martin was offered a one year deal.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:51 am  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:51 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 3020
Member for 4 years
Mustapha is a different player to King but for me could play a valuable role. Whilst not as powerful as King or as big, he has a better engine and a bit of pace when needed too. I thought he went really well for KR at the end of last season.

If we keep Thompson, Prior and Tet up front we're kind of OK for now, but I always worry they overplay Mik. Get a couple more injuries and that group and we're stuffed for go-forward in centre field.

Maybe one of the academy props is ready to do the odd 20 min stint for first grade this year.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 am  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:17 am  
mattsrhinos1978 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 1485
Member for 5 years
KaeruJim wrote:
Mustapha is a different player to King but for me could play a valuable role. Whilst not as powerful as King or as big, he has a better engine and a bit of pace when needed too. I thought he went really well for KR at the end of last season.

If we keep Thompson, Prior and Tet up front we're kind of OK for now, but I always worry they overplay Mik. Get a couple more injuries and that group and we're stuffed for go-forward in centre field.

Maybe one of the academy props is ready to do the odd 20 min stint for first grade this year.

Dont think theres any ready to be Honest jim, in the sense that they're actually knocking on the door because they're that good, playing them because theres nobody else is a different matter and may possibly happen at some point.

Joe Hird is a good player and seems to understand whats needed from a teams props, but think he needs some physical development before he's first team ready.

I know we havnt even started this one, but Really hope we replace Bodene with a big, natural NRL prop and re-sign Tyler Dupree for next season.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:40 am  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:40 am  

User avatarTrebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 4119
Member for 6 years
Bad news about Holroyd injury. He seems to be a touch injury prone to me. Bit like JJB used to be early in his career.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:18 am  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:18 am  

Jrrhino wrote:
Jrrhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 pm
Posts: 787
Member for 7 years
Holroyd Injury is unfortunate for him & team he had a horror pre season last year with Injury we are light at prop now definitely don't think we'll bring anyone in and rightly so if the quality isn't there to get at the moment. For round 1 hoping no more injuries I'd have a pack of

8.Oledzki
9. Leeming
10. Prior
11. Bentley
12. Martin
13. Smith

Subs
14. Dwyer
15. Mellor
16. Tetevano
17. Thompson
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 am  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 3020
Member for 4 years
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
Dont think theres any ready to be Honest jim, in the sense that they're actually knocking on the door because they're that good, playing them because theres nobody else is a different matter and may possibly happen at some point.

Joe Hird is a good player and seems to understand whats needed from a teams props, but think he needs some physical development before he's first team ready.

I know we havnt even started this one, but Really hope we replace Bodene with a big, natural NRL prop and re-sign Tyler Dupree for next season.

As ever the guru on youth development mate. I was honestly a bit surprised we let Tyler go in the first place, although of course we can't keep them all. Think there's a chance he could end up back at Leeds then?

He would probably be a great for what we need as cover right now...

Totally agree on the big, natural NRL-type prop. To be fair, signing one is easier said than done and I'm resigned to us not being able to sort this out properly until we have significant cap and quota available next season. We are going to have to make calls on players like Briscoe to make it happen though (of course he might play his way to another contract this year yet).

You would think we have targets in mind already.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:48 pm  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:48 pm  
mattsrhinos1978 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 1485
Member for 5 years
KaeruJim wrote:
As ever the guru on youth development mate. I was honestly a bit surprised we let Tyler go in the first place, although of course we can't keep them all. Think there's a chance he could end up back at Leeds then?

He would probably be a great for what we need as cover right now...

Totally agree on the big, natural NRL-type prop. To be fair, signing one is easier said than done and I'm resigned to us not being able to sort this out properly until we have significant cap and quota available next season. We are going to have to make calls on players like Briscoe to make it happen though (of course he might play his way to another contract this year yet).

You would think we have targets in mind already.

I was dissapointed when we let him go, but looking back, it was the best move for him. He's worked hard and got himself in much better condition, he's got regular game time, won championship young player of the year and earned himself a move to widnes...He really couldnt of done any more with the move.

He's on a 1 year deal at widnes, if he maintains his current trajectory, he'l be hot property for next season. He's a better player than Scurr at Bradford imo, and has a much higher ceiling than the likes of Matty English, again imo. Lads Tylers size dont generally move like he can. I would be shocked if we arnt keeping close tabs on him, good fed trained props are like golddust, if we had 3 of the best young ones, all with natural size and athletic, we'd be in great shape going forward.

Im coming across like his agent, but i do think he's going to be a good prop for a superleague team pretty soon, i hope its us.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:35 pm  
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:35 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 3020
Member for 4 years
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
I was dissapointed when we let him go, but looking back, it was the best move for him. He's worked hard and got himself in much better condition, he's got regular game time, won championship young player of the year and earned himself a move to widnes...He really couldnt of done any more with the move.

He's on a 1 year deal at widnes, if he maintains his current trajectory, he'l be hot property for next season. He's a better player than Scurr at Bradford imo, and has a much higher ceiling than the likes of Matty English, again imo. Lads Tylers size dont generally move like he can. I would be shocked if we arnt keeping close tabs on him, good fed trained props are like golddust, if we had 3 of the best young ones, all with natural size and athletic, we'd be in great shape going forward.

Im coming across like his agent, but i do think he's going to be a good prop for a superleague team pretty soon, i hope its us.

Cheers bud. I don't recall him having a poor skill level or anything either, just a big athletic kid who's hard to handle. Agree re. Scurr and English too - the latter does have a really good engine and a little bit of James Graham about him almost.

I see Hird is named in the side for Bradford as per...
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArthurClues, Balderdash, Barrie’s Glass Eye, cheekydiddles, Danibo160, Jrrhino, krisleeds, leedsbarmyarmy, malcadele, Once were Loiners, paddock, rhinos12497, tad rhino, The Ghost of '99, Wigg'n, YosemiteSam and 712 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leeds Rhinos


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
6m
Surprising players
Willzay
2
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32060
12m
Full circle
Scarlet Pimp
35
12m
IMG
Bent&Bon
29
13m
Disappointing players
Willzay
14
28m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Cokey
15109
42m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
1627
44m
Why has the disappointing players been locked
PopTart
8
50m
World Cup
HFCHU8
16
50m
TV games not Wire
Douglas Blac
548
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
World Cup
HFCHU8
16
1m
SL GF St Helens Old Trafford
tad rhino
697
2m
Oliver Holmes
Or thane
38
2m
TV games not Wire
Douglas Blac
548
2m
Disappointing players
Willzay
14
2m
Why has the disappointing players been locked
PopTart
8
3m
Spending the full salary cap
PopTart
15
3m
The Nadir of super league
Mild Rover
20
3m
This Sintellins team
Rogues Galle
391
4m
2023 Squad
Pyrah123
3
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Surprising players
Willzay
2
TODAY
2022 NRL Grand Final Panthers v Eels Contains Spoilers
puroresu_boy
2
TODAY
Why has the disappointing players been locked
PopTart
8
TODAY
Disappointing players
Willzay
14
TODAY
England knights v France live now on YouTube
Trojan Horse
2
TODAY
Halifax panthers super league wheelchair champions
Hudd-Shay
3
TODAY
Wheelchair rugby
wakeytrin
1
TODAY
IMG Proposals Rover Analysed
Mild Rover
1
TODAY
2023 Squad
Pyrah123
3
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million 1,985 ↑63779,2499,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2022-R29
 FT
Hover 
Penrith
28-12
Parramatta
       League One 2022-R26
14:00
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       Championship 2022-R30
18:30
Leigh
v
Batley
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL
LIVE

09:30
Penrith28-12Parramatta
L1 RND: 26
14:00
Swinton-Doncaster
CH RND: 30
18:30
Leigh-Batley
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL
LIVE
Penrith28-12Parramatta
Sun 25th Sep
L1 RND: 25 Doncaster52-20Rochdale
CH RND: 29 Leigh70-10York
CH RND: 29 Featherstone28-32Batley
Sat 24th Sep
NRL RND: 28 Penrith32-12Souths
SL RND: 30 Leeds12-24St.Helens
Fri 23rd Sep
NRL RND: 28 NQL Cowboys20-24Parramatta
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 27 1306 208 1098 52
Featherstone 27 1058 468 590 47
Halifax 27 837 440 397 40
Barrow 27 759 587 172 37
Batley 27 738 551 187 36
York 27 677 596 81 36
 
Sheffield 27 699 660 39 24
Widnes 27 567 679 -112 24
Bradford 27 521 675 -154 22
Whitehaven 27 488 854 -366 19
LondonB 27 548 740 -192 17
Newcastle 27 559 877 -318 15
Dewsbury 27 385 964 -579 7
Workington 27 296 1139 -843 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
6m
Surprising players
Willzay
2
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
32060
12m
Full circle
Scarlet Pimp
35
12m
IMG
Bent&Bon
29
13m
Disappointing players
Willzay
14
28m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Cokey
15109
42m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
1627
44m
Why has the disappointing players been locked
PopTart
8
50m
World Cup
HFCHU8
16
50m
TV games not Wire
Douglas Blac
548
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
World Cup
HFCHU8
16
1m
SL GF St Helens Old Trafford
tad rhino
697
2m
Oliver Holmes
Or thane
38
2m
TV games not Wire
Douglas Blac
548
2m
Disappointing players
Willzay
14
2m
Why has the disappointing players been locked
PopTart
8
3m
Spending the full salary cap
PopTart
15
3m
The Nadir of super league
Mild Rover
20
3m
This Sintellins team
Rogues Galle
391
4m
2023 Squad
Pyrah123
3
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Surprising players
Willzay
2
TODAY
2022 NRL Grand Final Panthers v Eels Contains Spoilers
puroresu_boy
2
TODAY
Why has the disappointing players been locked
PopTart
8
TODAY
Disappointing players
Willzay
14
TODAY
England knights v France live now on YouTube
Trojan Horse
2
TODAY
Halifax panthers super league wheelchair champions
Hudd-Shay
3
TODAY
Wheelchair rugby
wakeytrin
1
TODAY
IMG Proposals Rover Analysed
Mild Rover
1
TODAY
2023 Squad
Pyrah123
3
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!