RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - This Sintellins team.....
Rogues Gallery
Member for 20 years


User avatar


Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 32176
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:16 am  
The challenge for Saints is now to go over to Aus and play their Grand Final winners (Penrith) like the BIG teams have done in the past.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
No
Team
Selected
Judder Man
Member for 15 years
Silver RLFANS Member

User avatar


Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 6715
Location: Now in Enemy Country
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:08 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
The challenge for Saints is now to go over to Aus and play their Grand Final winners (Penrith) like the BIG teams have done in the past.


Never going to happen, Saints will not buy up all the best players in the competition as though there was no tomorrow and years further down the line sell their ground to Tesco and go ground rental.

Massive big gap these days between NRL and Superleague, salary cap alone is £6m (NRL) £2m (Superleague} The challenge for Saints is to go High Five, going to be a tough campaign next year.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
No
Team
Selected
FlexWheeler
Member for 10 years
Bronze RLFANS Member




Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 pm
Posts: 4020
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:47 pm  
Can St Helens win 10 grand finals on the trot?
实事求是!
Rogues Gallery
Member for 20 years


User avatar


Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 32176
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:37 pm  
Judder Man wrote:
Never going to happen, Saints will not buy up all the best players in the competition as though there was no tomorrow and years further down the line sell their ground to Tesco and go ground rental.

Massive big gap these days between NRL and Superleague, salary cap alone is £6m (NRL) £2m (Superleague} The challenge for Saints is to go High Five, going to be a tough campaign next year.


Wigan and Leeds (the Big clubs) have gone over there and played their champion teams in the Superleague era.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
No
Team
Selected
Judder Man
Member for 15 years
Silver RLFANS Member

User avatar


Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 6715
Location: Now in Enemy Country
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:01 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
Wigan and Leeds (the Big clubs) have gone over there and played their champion teams in the Superleague era.


From memory it was Saints the original BIG team who first went over there in 1976 and that started the World Club Challenge event. I don’t think anybody has gone done under during Superleague and won the challenge game.

Prior to that they (saints) set up a European Challenge event with France but was short lived because the difference in quality player was too much.

Over the last 5 years the disparity in that salary cap with Oz is just too much in respect to quality of players.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
No
Team
Selected
Jason65
Member for 2 years
Cheeky half-back




Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Posts: 707
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:04 am  
Judder Man wrote:
From memory it was Saints the original BIG team who first went over there in 1976 and that started the World Club Challenge event. I don’t think anybody has gone done under during Superleague and won the challenge game.

Prior to that they (saints) set up a European Challenge event with France but was short lived because the difference in quality player was too much.

Over the last 5 years the disparity in that salary cap with Oz is just too much in respect to quality of players.


However Wigan was the first team to win,yours was just a friendly much like Wigan v Wire in USA.
You didnt start the world club challenge Wigans success against Manly prob started the WCC.
No
Team
Selected
Judder Man
Member for 15 years
Silver RLFANS Member

User avatar


Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 6715
Location: Now in Enemy Country
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:06 am  
Jason65 wrote:
However Wigan was the first team to win,yours was just a friendly much like Wigan v Wire in USA.
You didnt start the world club challenge Wigans success against Manly prob started the WCC.


Incorrect, Saints part time pros started the concept by actually going over to OZ and playing them in their own backyard. The Wigoons didn't have the guts to do that until they were well established full time pros in 1994.

I speak to Graeme West occasionally he mentioned Wigoon was spending far too much money on buying up all the best players and the players salary was almost £2million in 1992 and the Whitbread Stand cost £1.4 million, that put them over the edge because the turnover was only around £3 million.

The Wigoons BOUGHT Success and thats why they are rentees to Wigan Athletic to this very day and that BIG TEAM image dissapeared when Bradford, Saints and Leeds took over for long periods of Superleague.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
No
Team
Selected
Jason65
Member for 2 years
Cheeky half-back




Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Posts: 707
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:43 am  
Judder Man wrote:
Incorrect, Saints part time pros started the concept by actually going over to OZ and playing them in their own backyard. The Wigoons didn't have the guts to do that until they were well established full time pros in 1994.

I speak to Graeme West occasionally he mentioned Wigoon was spending far too much money on buying up all the best players and the players salary was almost £2million in 1992 and the Whitbread Stand cost £1.4 million, that put them over the edge because the turnover was only around £3 million.

The Wigoons BOUGHT Success and thats why they are rentees to Wigan Athletic to this very day and that BIG TEAM image dissapeared when Bradford, Saints and Leeds took over for long periods of Superleague.


rubbish Stain fan,they played Manly in the late 80s when they were part time and won you stain freaks lost your game in Aus,you spent big to keep up with Wiganyou just couldnt as you have in the actual RL history are second best to Wigan and you know it.
I honestly think you are mentally unstable as Wigan are spending so much time in your head space that it really is unhealthy for you Stainman.
No
Team
Selected
Saddened!
Member for 19 years
Gold RLFANS Member

User avatar


Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Posts: 28882
Location: Warrington
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:04 am  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
The challenge for Saints is now to go over to Aus and play their Grand Final winners (Penrith) like the BIG teams have done in the past.


You're 84 and acting like you're 14. The challenge for Saints and for any other Super League club is that there isn't a cat in hells chance Australia or the NRL or Penrith will pay for any of that.

Last season Penrith refused to come to England for a fully funded game and threw out a pathetic throwaway comment about us going there (Completely unfunded). Childish fans of other clubs jump on that as if it's gospel and Saints backed out of it. This childish reaction at a time when Wigan are considering close 2 of the stands at their rented ground to make matchday cheaper and provide some semblance of an atmosphere too. So many things need fixing before you come sniping at us.
No
Team
Selected
Jason65
Member for 2 years
Cheeky half-back




Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Posts: 707
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:09 am  
Saddened! wrote:
You're 84 and acting like you're 14. The challenge for Saints and for any other Super League club is that there isn't a cat in hells chance Australia or the NRL or Penrith will pay for any of that.

Last season Penrith refused to come to England for a fully funded game and threw out a pathetic throwaway comment about us going there (Completely unfunded). Childish fans of other clubs jump on that as if it's gospel and Saints backed out of it. This childish reaction at a time when Wigan are considering close 2 of the stands at their rented ground to make matchday cheaper and provide some semblance of an atmosphere too. So many things need fixing before you come sniping at us.


The problem is that not enough away fans come (Saints/Wire excluded) to visit the stadium to open the north stand sometimes.
I do agree we need to fix things but it isnt only our fans sniping,you lot do a pretty good job at it.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 99 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Virtual Terrace


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
54m
Game - Song Titles 20212
chissitt
18112
56m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Snowy
34
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
22s
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
43s
The annual how will 2022/23 SL finish the regular season
Smiffy27
3
50s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35423
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Cruncher
24932
1m
Shaw and Croft
The Avenger
114
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Manheim
2324
1m
Squad numbers - full list in first post
Mr Bliss
121
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
chissitt
18112
2m
Harrison
sally cinnam
25
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
The annual how will 2022/23 SL finish the regular season
Smiffy27
3
TODAY
Kits for 2023
Septimius Se
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
We Are Moving to the East Stand
Deadcowboys1
9
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jacob Hookem
steadygetyer
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6515
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
2516
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
3392
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
2139
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
2215
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
2659
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
5039
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2508
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
3108
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
3010
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2973
England Top Group A With Big W..
2659
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
3709
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3721
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
3034
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,133 ↑1479,3239,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Thu 16th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
20:00
Warrington
v
Leeds
 Fri 17th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
19:30
Wakefield
v
Catalans
20:00
Leigh
v
Salford
 Sat 18th Feb 2023
     World Club Championship 2023-R1
07:00
Penrith
v
St.Helens
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
13:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 19th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
15:00
Hull FC
v
Castleford
 Thu 23rd Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Salford
v
Hull KR
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
19:45
Huddersfield
v
Warrington
20:00
Leeds
v
Hull FC
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Sat 25th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
18:00
Catalans
v
Leigh
 Sun 26th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
13:00
Castleford
v
St.Helens
 Thu 2nd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
20:00
Warrington
v
Salford
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
19:00
Catalans
v
Hull FC
19:45
Wakefield
v
Huddersfield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Thu 16th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Castleford-Leeds
Thu 23rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-St.Helens
Sat 25th Mar
SL-M
13:00
Leeds-Castleford
Thu 30th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Wigan
Sat 1st Apr
SL-M
13:00
Warrington-Hull FC
Thu 6th Apr
SL-M
20:00
Castleford-Wakefield
Fri 7th Apr
SL-M
12:30
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL-M
15:00
Wigan-St.Helens
Thu 13th Apr
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
 
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
54m
Game - Song Titles 20212
chissitt
18112
56m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Snowy
34
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
22s
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
43s
The annual how will 2022/23 SL finish the regular season
Smiffy27
3
50s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35423
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Cruncher
24932
1m
Shaw and Croft
The Avenger
114
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Manheim
2324
1m
Squad numbers - full list in first post
Mr Bliss
121
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
chissitt
18112
2m
Harrison
sally cinnam
25
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
The annual how will 2022/23 SL finish the regular season
Smiffy27
3
TODAY
Kits for 2023
Septimius Se
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
We Are Moving to the East Stand
Deadcowboys1
9
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jacob Hookem
steadygetyer
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6515
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
2516
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
3392
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
2139
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
2215
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
2659
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
5039
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2508
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
3108
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
3010
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2973
England Top Group A With Big W..
2659
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
3709
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3721
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
3034


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!