FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leeds at Home
Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:49 am  
Even though we are still dissecting last night, I thought I would get us started on the the next game with a quote from Grix:

We’ve got a longer turn around going into the Leeds game, so our sole focus is going to be defence. If you get yourself defending well, you get the ball in better areas and more possession – then we can worry about what we do with the ball in hand.

So it sounds like Grix plans to build us up from the back. Is that something everyone wants to see? Do we think we'll have any additions or returning players by the next game?
Re: Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:21 pm  
Sao and Brown back from suspension. Walker is playing around forty minutes for the reserves today so if he comes through OK he'll be back.

Scott will drop out though due to failing his HIA.
Re: Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:41 pm  
think we will have a couple of new additions in.
Re: Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:43 pm  
Scott no great miss IMO. If Oku gets a bit of confidence back maybe he gets another chance. Pele needs to get more involved.
Re: Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:13 pm  
I think Grix will address our line speed in defence, when you look how saints stifled us and limited our yards.

Also the lack og go forward and big bodys needs addressing, need upgrades on Scott, Mcintosh, Cator and Lane.

Ashworth back will help but that second row needs major work , as does physicality in the backs
Re: Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:44 pm  
At least a leeds win will mean they're not competing with us for a coach for another week
Re: Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:14 pm  
The good news is the pitch gets done after this, then in a case of SL dejavu it's Leeds at home again, such an exciting season
Re: Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:07 pm  
UllFC wrote:
The good news is the pitch gets done after this, then in a case of SL dejavu it's Leeds at home again, such an exciting season

Before we've played Wigan once! (Probably a good thing given current performances)
Re: Leeds at Home : Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:07 pm  
Didn't Pearson say there'd be a couple of new faces in before the Leeds game? Hopefully he's true to his word and we have a new half and new second rower in.
Re: Leeds at Home : Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:40 am  
Even with the best intentions, it's difficult to bring quality players into a struggling team part way into the season. Hopefully tomorrow and Tuesday will bring some positive news about both a coach and players. I know we could all do with some good news but I bet the team could do with it too. There's too many kids on the park at the same time right now and it's not sustainable.
Next