FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - World Cup
Re: World Cup : Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:23 am  
Very pleased we don’t have many players taking part in the World Cup.

Means we won’t have them picking up injuries and hopefully all the fully fit players will return for pre season together rather than in dribs and drabs as seems to have been the case in recent years?
Re: World Cup : Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:59 pm  
davey41 wrote:
Very pleased we don’t have many players taking part in the World Cup.

Means we won’t have them picking up injuries and hopefully all the fully fit players will return for pre season together rather than in dribs and drabs as seems to have been the case in recent years?

Putting club before country has always been the RL way, that’s why Rugby Onion makes so much money, emphasis on internationals.
Re: World Cup : Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:15 am  
Looking forward to watching Tonga and Samoa play. Both teams look a handful.
Re: World Cup : Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:32 am  
I’d genuinely consider us at 5th best on paper. NZ, Aus, Samoa and Tonga are all probably better then us on paper. Even Fiji have a host of quality players who would give us a good go. Ireland don’t have a bad side either, I think we will struggle to get to the semis and would be amazed if we managed to get to the final.

I’d love to see more hull players in the comp, representing your country in a WC is the pinnacle of sporting achievements.
Re: World Cup : Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:06 am  
Have to say I'm struggling to get excited about the World Cup.

Whether that's the weakness of the England squad, the lack of Hull players in the tournament or just a general sense of apathy at the end of another disappointing season, I'm not sure. Probably a combination of all three.
Re: World Cup : Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:17 am  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
Have to say I'm struggling to get excited about the World Cup.

Whether that's the weakness of the England squad, the lack of Hull players in the tournament or just a general sense of apathy at the end of another disappointing season, I'm not sure. Probably a combination of all three.


Only till recently do I feel excited for it, will probably do both games at MKM and might go to a couple England games at last minute. But have to say ticket prices are quite ridiculous. 55 quid to sit behind the sticks at st James park is way too much
Re: World Cup : Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:01 pm  
HFCHU8 wrote:
Only till recently do I feel excited for it, will probably do both games at MKM and might go to a couple England games at last minute. But have to say ticket prices are quite ridiculous. 55 quid to sit behind the sticks at st James park is way too much


There's still some £30 tickets left for England behind the posts at St James'
Re: World Cup : Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:50 am  
Aus squad announced, with have Sneyd and McCollrum at as out 7 and 9, they leave out Hynes, Edwards Cook and Cleary.
Re: World Cup : Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:10 am  
Cleary, Hunt, Munster, DCE. Plus Burton and Wighton can play halves...scary stuff
Re: World Cup : Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:32 am  
mwindass wrote:
Cleary, Hunt, Munster, DCE. Plus Burton and Wighton can play halves...scary stuff


Amazed Cleary isn't in, even someone like Adam Reynolds would be our best half and there are loads in front of him.

The depth they have is scary.

Saying that, should be a good tournament, as normally you would say for certain, England, Aus and NZ, would be free of the semi finals, not sure that is the case with Samoa and Tonga having very good sides, PNG and Fiji should be competitive too.

Shame the likes of Walmsley, Lomax and Percival are out.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dave K., Hasbag, K-Diddy, mwindass and 185 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC