FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shares for sale in Trinity?
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:29 pm  
WakiWaki wrote:
Don’t we owe the council 3 million for the purchase of the ground

£3m for an assett as opposed to nothing in effect.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:39 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
£3m for an assett as opposed to nothing in effect.


Correct,

A mortgage, which is what this is, is a loan against an increasing asset, it's a win win. Within ten to fifteen years I would fully expect the value of the land will have increased to such a point that we own more in value than we owe on the land, or positive equity as its known. I'd like to see Wigan do that with their debt!
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:06 am  
Can't give much away but shares are selling well.

I don't know the amounts etc, but the numbers are higher than I expected.

Keep it coming those who can, if we can keep it going at this rate, it will make a big difference to what happens in the next 12 months IMHO.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:05 am  
Need to sort mine out as well Vasty.......
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:17 am  
WakiWaki wrote:
Don’t we owe the council 3 million for the purchase of the ground


The debt is a loan from WMDC, very similar to having a mortgage on your house.
Once it's paid the clubs owners will have a extremely valuable asset.
As long as there are no issues with making the repayments, it's massively better than renting something that "we" will never own.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:34 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
The debt is a loan from WMDC, very similar to having a mortgage on your house.
Once it's paid the clubs owners will have a extremely valuable asset.
As long as there are no issues with making the repayments, it's massively better than renting something that "we" will never own.


Again, correct.

Even though we have not paid it off, miles away yet, it still sits on our balance sheets as an asset. Giving us a better credit rating and making us more attractive as an investment (though clearly not in the truest sense).

It's like these members shares. You won't ever get a dividend, but if all goes well you will still have a shares in a company/team you love that in say ten years time with the land and the stand will have assets in excess of ten million. Not too shabby.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:21 pm  
Fair enough, all better for trinity then. Will be really interesting to see how IMG look into finances etc with the grading. With my limited knowledge of it all how can Wigan be awarded say a grade A when they are loosing money year on year and don’t own their own ground etc. Are they a certainty to get a grade A
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:27 pm  
WakiWaki wrote:
Fair enough, all better for trinity then. Will be really interesting to see how IMG look into finances etc with the grading. With my limited knowledge of it all how can Wigan be awarded say a grade A when they are loosing money year on year and don’t own their own ground etc. Are they a certainty to get a grade A

At the end of the day it will depend on how each section of the criteria is weighted, lose points on one section but gain points on other sections. I’m sure many will find fault with the system when the clubs are eventually graded.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:12 pm  
I got my email today explaining about what will happen next.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:35 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I got my email today explaining about what will happen next.

This one
Firstly, many thanks to each of you for applying to invest in the club. Your support is so important to us all.

We have had a great first week of applications and they are continuing to flow in.

For those of you who have “signed up” already, we will be asking for funds and issuing shares next week and I thought I would give you the heads up. Hopefully bank transfer will work for most or all of you.

Thanks again and have a great weekend

JohnT
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cosmicat, Google Adsense [Bot] and 95 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity