FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Matty Russell signed
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:31 pm  
I always had sympathy for MR following that horrible injury against Widnes (?). He obviously has limitations but probably cheap and may give opportunity for Thewlis to cover Centre.
I’m not saying Thewlis can/wants to play Centre but perhaps gets him more involved when 1 is injured. Much like the hunchback of The Entertainers.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:41 pm  
Captain Hook wrote:
I always had sympathy for MR following that horrible injury against Widnes (?). He obviously has limitations but probably cheap and may give opportunity for Thewlis to cover Centre.
I’m not saying Thewlis can/wants to play Centre but perhaps gets him more involved when 1 is injured. Much like the hunchback of The Entertainers.

:D
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:11 pm  
Very poor signing.

He will just be blocking the pathway to our 1st team for our developing players.

We all know of his limitations and I would have hoped, so would Daryl Powell.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:33 pm  
Russell was quite effective scooting from dummy half. Perhaps that's where Daryl sees him.

Well, my decision to bite the bullet & renew my season ticket could have a comedy element next season. The south stand could be a cauldron of dissent.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:47 pm  
karetaker wrote:
He must think he as won the lottery.

Indeed.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:49 pm  
What's his strengths, I cant think of any?
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:53 pm  
wire-quin wrote:
What's his strengths, I cant think of any?

Elite ball carrier, metre maker and quick play the balls.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:02 pm  
CW8 wrote:
Truly baffling signing. Cap space would be far, far better utilised on a centre.

Don’t think he is on the cap, think he here on universal credit.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:38 pm  
The stats have always confirmed that he is difficult to tackle and that he makes hard yards.
In his best season (at full back) I think he was the best metre maker in the league. (I don't think I've made that up)
We know his strengths & we know his weaknesses.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:48 pm  
NSW wrote:
Elite ball carrier, metre maker and quick play the balls.

60% of those quick play the balls end up in knock ons
PreviousNext