Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Matty Russell signed
Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:17 pm  
Didn't see that coming
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:25 pm  
Absolute mad house this club. Nothing changes, ever.

There's lads in Warrington playing NCL that are 10x the player Russell is. It's stuff like this which gives you a glimpse as to how this new season will go from a Wire perspective.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:29 pm  
He must think he as won the lottery, no way does he ever get in the 17 at any time.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:37 pm  
His comments re Olpherts in the WG article are interesting.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:51 pm  
karetaker wrote:
He must think he as won the lottery, no way does he ever get in the 17 at any time.

Do you want to bet?
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:57 pm  
sigh, its gets more and more difficult to defend this club at times.

Even if he was considering a reasonable player, the optics of how he was during his time here, he left under a cloud, and was a limited, not well liked player.

On the flipside, this is what powell did at cas, brought in players and got them playing above themselves at times. maybe thats the attempt
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 pm  
Tell me you have panicked and tied all your cap space up on props without telling me you have panicked and tied all your cap space up on props.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:26 pm  
I don't think it's that much different to Wigan signing Bibby. We would have been outraged by that signing and he worked out OK. Now he's gone to the Giants.

I do think Bibby is probably a better player than Russell, but not that much.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:29 pm  
Truly baffling signing. Cap space would be far, far better utilised on a centre.
Re: Matty Russell signed : Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:30 pm  
Terrible signing.
Next