FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who gets the number 7 shirt?
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:45 pm  
Really happy with this, good signing.
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:57 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
I’ve been told that rumour too. Holding back the announcement for a few days apparently. :oops:

Have I missed something here? Matty Russell?
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:19 am  
One would argue an emergency "back up" winger is the last position we need to fill. We have Thewlis x2, Ashton, Minikin and I'm sure some academy players who could slot in if 3 of the above got injured.

I'm all for redemption, but the last time he was here the lad admitted to having serious issues. I wish Russell well but I don't want him near the club
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:20 am  
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:39 am  
Russell??? Jesus Christ.
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:15 am  
Philth wrote:
One would argue an emergency "back up" winger is the last position we need to fill. We have Thewlis x2, Ashton, Minikin and I'm sure some academy players who could slot in if 3 of the above got injured.

I'm all for redemption, but the last time he was here the lad admitted to having serious issues. I wish Russell well but I don't want him near the club

Totally agree. I'd be more than happy for josh lynch or Jack Derbyshire to fill in any spaces in the backline when we're struggling. I'd put re-signing matty Russell as a worse signing than latu!
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:09 am  
So the cycle on here seems to be…
1) We are going to sign X player rumour
2) Lots of posts about him being great/rubbish
3) Even more posts about why it is taking so long to announce
4)Lots of “typical Wire messing it up/leaving to last minute
5) Rumour starts that the rumoured signing has decided not to come
6) Total meltdown… he is rubbish anyway, didn’t want him/if he doesn’t want to come balls to him/ KissKam out
7) Signing announced, unalloyed joy, everyone congratulates the club and KF for getting it over the line
8 ) Obviously I made up 7).
9) And repeat
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:11 am  
Can’t wait for all the Matty Russell outrage
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:01 pm  
Gaz3376 wrote:
https://twitter.com/BoydMadame/status/1595686451177480194?s=20&t=PAaNjiKeUJMoD45C1lt5QQ

A centre incoming?

Who is Madame Boyd? I don't do Twitter, so I have no idea who they are. Are they a reliable source?
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:08 pm  
The Speculator wrote:
Who is Madame Boyd? I don't do Twitter, so I have no idea who they are. Are they a reliable source?

Its a character from the What would Brian Bevan say podcast, they have been very accurate in the past but recently got a couple wrong.
Last edited by Gaz3376 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext