FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who gets the number 7 shirt?
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:45 pm  
Glad that my original question has got a decent answer. Think Drinkwater will go well behind a refreshed and beefed up pack playing alongside Williams. IF we were to sign a decent centre I might start to think we have a chance of winning something again.
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:24 am  
wire-quin wrote:
2 kicking halves, who is going to take the line on??


Did the World Cup pass you by?
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:42 am  
Oxford Exile wrote:
Glad that my original question has got a decent answer. Think Drinkwater will go well behind a refreshed and beefed up pack playing alongside Williams. IF we were to sign a decent centre I might start to think we have a chance of winning something again.

Ratchford is fine at centre and will do a good job.I've no issues with left centre other than if ratchford is injured who moves there until Wrench is fit?
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:44 am  
Oxford Exile wrote:
Glad that my original question has got a decent answer. Think Drinkwater will go well behind a refreshed and beefed up pack playing alongside Williams. IF we were to sign a decent centre I might start to think we have a chance of winning something again.


I wonder why Drinkwater was such a late, late acquisition, and that bothers me.
I'm reserving judgement until 6 games into 2023, which should tell us whether there's a change in desire and structure on the field of play from last year.
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:52 am  
Or thane wrote:
Ratchford is fine at centre and will do a good job.I've no issues with left centre other than if ratchford is injured who moves there until Wrench is fit?


A few options. Minikin at Centre, move Thewlis to Centre and either Russell or Minikin on the wing or move a SR, either Currie or Nicholson, to Centre with Harrison going to SR.
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:58 am  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
I wonder why Drinkwater was such a late, late acquisition, and that bothers me.


There were media reports from Australia linking us to various Half-Backs (as there always are), when nothing came off we got the 'Ratchford is the answer' comment from DP, then Drinkwater became available late in the day and we moved for him.

Looks like a decent outcome, on paper.
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:52 pm  
St Helens Wolf wrote:
There were media reports from Australia linking us to various Half-Backs (as there always are), when nothing came off we got the 'Ratchford is the answer' comment from DP, then Drinkwater became available late in the day and we moved for him.

Looks like a decent outcome, on paper.


Time will tell, and rather him at HB than Ratchford.
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:16 pm  
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:15 am  
Exactly how i was hoping it be in the halves, can't wait for the season to begin :-)
Re: Who gets the number 7 shirt? : Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:55 am  
Or thane wrote:
Exactly how i was hoping it be in the halves, can't wait for the season to begin :-)


Sounds very positive, hopefully we will see the best of Williams who is definitely our best player, but has so far been used wrong IMO. He's an incredible runner of the ball and his short kicking game is great. Game control isn't one of his greater strengths though so I'm hoping drinkwater and a pack that makes more ground will give Williams a much better platform to give us a shot on all fronts this season.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Irregs#16, Kevin Turvey, Rugby, Wire XIII and 172 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves