FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Ratchford and depth in the halves.
Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:16 am  
I’d be happy to see Ratchford in the halves for 2023.
Yes he has lost a yard of pace, but still has a lightening quick mind like Briers in the last 4 years of his career.
With the squad around Ratchford in 2023, he’ll be ok.

Wrap him up in cotton wool by spelling Hayes & Dean in easy games.
We don’t have to be rash in signing someone, but ideally I would like a 7 as we have no depth other than those under 19s.

I would prefer to use Ratchford as 14 as I can’t think of a better bench utility back with more stings to his bow other than Livett, but I’d rather see Ratchford start with 7 on his back than sign someone in haste as we seem to have been doing with gusto in the KF era.
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:20 am  
Shove anyone anywhere we'll just go nowhere with Powell regardless. It's been pointed out before but looking at Salford now and Cas since he left - was Orr the genius all along?
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:21 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
Yes he has lost a yard of pace, but still has a lightening quick mind like Briers in the last 4 years of his career.

We don’t have to be rash in signing someone, but ideally I would like a 7 as we have no depth other than those under 19s.

I would prefer to use Ratchford as 14 as I can’t think of a better bench utility back with more stings to his bow other than Livett, but I’d rather see Ratchford start with 7 on his back than sign someone in haste as we seem to have been doing with gusto in the KF era.

You're signing an NRL halfback once you shed Bullock and Holmes are you not?

Are you feeling bullish about next season? It's probably been 2 seasons since you last predicted you'd go the season unbeaten. Seems more likely to happen next year?
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:01 am  
rubber duckie wrote:

not even close
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:20 am  
rubber duckie wrote:

no No NO NO! NO!!
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:38 pm  
Fantastic Mr Catpiss wrote:
not even close

Agreed, he's lost any pace he had, and he's way slower in thought than Briers was.
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:42 pm  
Ratchford should be nowhere near the starting 13 next season.
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:28 pm  
Mr Snoodle wrote:
no No NO NO! NO!!

Did you used to be in the cast of the Vicar of Dibley as Jim Trott?
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:39 pm  
I’m a Ratchford fan, and even I don’t think he makes the 13 next year. He’s an ideal experienced utility either off the bench or as back up, and behind the scenes he’s probably great in the leadership group helping bring through the younger players.

Surely it’s got to be time to blood Thewlis at the back every week with Wrench at centre. We could do with an established organising half for a year or so while we bring the likes of Hayes through. We also have to accept that young players will make mistakes from time to time and that it’s all part of the long-term picture.
Re: Ratchford and depth in the halves. : Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:26 pm  
We need to sign Gigot to stop this happening
Next