FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stop changing the rules!
Re: Stop changing the rules! : Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:42 am  
Is "6 again" a RL rule? My bad, I thought it was in reference to the number of new accounts LeBron makes on RLFans annually. :THINK:
Re: Stop changing the rules! : Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:08 pm  
RobRiches wrote:
Leeds have become a dirty team the past few years. That’s why all their best players always want to leave and are left with players no one else wants. Coupled with a poor academy that’s why they are no now a mid table team


Go on then, I'll bite.

Which players in our squad do no one else want?

Which best players want to leave?

What makes the academy (who have just signed the England Lions captain) so bad?
Re: Stop changing the rules! : Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:35 pm  
Leeds_Luke wrote:
Go on then, I'll bite.

Which players in our squad do no one else want?

Which best players want to leave?

What makes the academy (who have just signed the England Lions captain) so bad?


1. For the top 4 clubs, probably most of them not on the wanted list.

2. Newman one of the better players will leave for the best money.

3. Academy pretty poor last season Wigan and St Helens finished the season with almost double the match points that Leeds could muster, pretty much similar to the first team.
Re: Stop changing the rules! : Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:32 pm  
Leeds has the entire Yorkshire catchment area to themselves and still has a terrible academy.

It’s not the players fault, it’s the clubs fault fur having such poor coaches.
Re: Stop changing the rules! : Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:55 pm  
Judder Man wrote:
1. For the top 4 clubs, probably most of them not on the wanted list.


'Top 4 clubs', 'probably', and 'most of them', is not the same as 'players no one else wants'. You are speculating and grasping at straws.

Judder Man wrote:
2. Newman one of the better players will leave for the best money.


Rumour is that he is about to re-sign his Leeds contract up until end of 2027. Anyone else not want to be there?

Judder Man wrote:
3. Academy pretty poor last season Wigan and St Helens finished the season with almost double the match points that Leeds could muster, pretty much similar to the first team.


Whilst the on field results might have been disappointing, there is no denying that there are some quality players there. International coaches seem to agree.
Re: Stop changing the rules! : Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:02 pm  
RobRiches wrote:
Leeds has the entire Yorkshire catchment area to themselves and still has a terrible academy.


You might want to brush up on your Rugby League knowledge.

7 out of the 10 clubs in the Academy Competition are in Yorkshire. If anything, Leeds have stiffer competition than Wigan, Wire or Saints, in regards to recruiting youth players.

I've noticed you've swerved the other questions.
Re: Stop changing the rules! : Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:24 am  
Leeds_Luke wrote:
You might want to brush up on your Rugby League knowledge.

7 out of the 10 clubs in the Academy Competition are in Yorkshire. If anything, Leeds have stiffer competition than Wigan, Wire or Saints, in regards to recruiting youth players.

I've noticed you've swerved the other questions.


Paul Anderson selected 14 players from St Helens, Wigan and Warrington and only 7 players from the Yorkshire teams in the England Academy 21 man squad. The contribution from Leeds Academy was very poor from a large catchment area. the far reaches of Hull and Hull KR look more promising whilst Leeds appear to be resting on ones laurels.
Re: Stop changing the rules! : Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:52 pm  
Judder Man wrote:
the far reaches of Hull and Hull KR look more promising whilst Leeds appear to be resting on ones laurels.


Leeds have recently signed the England Lions captain. Hardly resting on laurels.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 129 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Virtual Terrace