FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - This Sintellins team.....
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:16 am  
The challenge for Saints is now to go over to Aus and play their Grand Final winners (Penrith) like the BIG teams have done in the past.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:08 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
The challenge for Saints is now to go over to Aus and play their Grand Final winners (Penrith) like the BIG teams have done in the past.


Never going to happen, Saints will not buy up all the best players in the competition as though there was no tomorrow and years further down the line sell their ground to Tesco and go ground rental.

Massive big gap these days between NRL and Superleague, salary cap alone is £6m (NRL) £2m (Superleague} The challenge for Saints is to go High Five, going to be a tough campaign next year.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:47 pm  
Can St Helens win 10 grand finals on the trot?
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:37 pm  
Judder Man wrote:
Never going to happen, Saints will not buy up all the best players in the competition as though there was no tomorrow and years further down the line sell their ground to Tesco and go ground rental.

Massive big gap these days between NRL and Superleague, salary cap alone is £6m (NRL) £2m (Superleague} The challenge for Saints is to go High Five, going to be a tough campaign next year.


Wigan and Leeds (the Big clubs) have gone over there and played their champion teams in the Superleague era.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:01 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
Wigan and Leeds (the Big clubs) have gone over there and played their champion teams in the Superleague era.


From memory it was Saints the original BIG team who first went over there in 1976 and that started the World Club Challenge event. I don’t think anybody has gone done under during Superleague and won the challenge game.

Prior to that they (saints) set up a European Challenge event with France but was short lived because the difference in quality player was too much.

Over the last 5 years the disparity in that salary cap with Oz is just too much in respect to quality of players.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:04 am  
Judder Man wrote:
From memory it was Saints the original BIG team who first went over there in 1976 and that started the World Club Challenge event. I don’t think anybody has gone done under during Superleague and won the challenge game.

Prior to that they (saints) set up a European Challenge event with France but was short lived because the difference in quality player was too much.

Over the last 5 years the disparity in that salary cap with Oz is just too much in respect to quality of players.


However Wigan was the first team to win,yours was just a friendly much like Wigan v Wire in USA.
You didnt start the world club challenge Wigans success against Manly prob started the WCC.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:06 am  
Jason65 wrote:
However Wigan was the first team to win,yours was just a friendly much like Wigan v Wire in USA.
You didnt start the world club challenge Wigans success against Manly prob started the WCC.


Incorrect, Saints part time pros started the concept by actually going over to OZ and playing them in their own backyard. The Wigoons didn't have the guts to do that until they were well established full time pros in 1994.

I speak to Graeme West occasionally he mentioned Wigoon was spending far too much money on buying up all the best players and the players salary was almost £2million in 1992 and the Whitbread Stand cost £1.4 million, that put them over the edge because the turnover was only around £3 million.

The Wigoons BOUGHT Success and thats why they are rentees to Wigan Athletic to this very day and that BIG TEAM image dissapeared when Bradford, Saints and Leeds took over for long periods of Superleague.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:43 am  
Judder Man wrote:
Incorrect, Saints part time pros started the concept by actually going over to OZ and playing them in their own backyard. The Wigoons didn't have the guts to do that until they were well established full time pros in 1994.

I speak to Graeme West occasionally he mentioned Wigoon was spending far too much money on buying up all the best players and the players salary was almost £2million in 1992 and the Whitbread Stand cost £1.4 million, that put them over the edge because the turnover was only around £3 million.

The Wigoons BOUGHT Success and thats why they are rentees to Wigan Athletic to this very day and that BIG TEAM image dissapeared when Bradford, Saints and Leeds took over for long periods of Superleague.


rubbish Stain fan,they played Manly in the late 80s when they were part time and won you stain freaks lost your game in Aus,you spent big to keep up with Wiganyou just couldnt as you have in the actual RL history are second best to Wigan and you know it.
I honestly think you are mentally unstable as Wigan are spending so much time in your head space that it really is unhealthy for you Stainman.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:04 am  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
The challenge for Saints is now to go over to Aus and play their Grand Final winners (Penrith) like the BIG teams have done in the past.


You're 84 and acting like you're 14. The challenge for Saints and for any other Super League club is that there isn't a cat in hells chance Australia or the NRL or Penrith will pay for any of that.

Last season Penrith refused to come to England for a fully funded game and threw out a pathetic throwaway comment about us going there (Completely unfunded). Childish fans of other clubs jump on that as if it's gospel and Saints backed out of it. This childish reaction at a time when Wigan are considering close 2 of the stands at their rented ground to make matchday cheaper and provide some semblance of an atmosphere too. So many things need fixing before you come sniping at us.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:09 am  
Saddened! wrote:
You're 84 and acting like you're 14. The challenge for Saints and for any other Super League club is that there isn't a cat in hells chance Australia or the NRL or Penrith will pay for any of that.

Last season Penrith refused to come to England for a fully funded game and threw out a pathetic throwaway comment about us going there (Completely unfunded). Childish fans of other clubs jump on that as if it's gospel and Saints backed out of it. This childish reaction at a time when Wigan are considering close 2 of the stands at their rented ground to make matchday cheaper and provide some semblance of an atmosphere too. So many things need fixing before you come sniping at us.


The problem is that not enough away fans come (Saints/Wire excluded) to visit the stadium to open the north stand sometimes.
I do agree we need to fix things but it isnt only our fans sniping,you lot do a pretty good job at it.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lucas24 and 84 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Virtual Terrace