FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Widnes Vikings.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9343
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 17:0327th Apr 24 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:33 pm  
faxcar wrote:
We already know some of what the BoD is doing with the clubs finances.

On the field side the new coach is in place as are the bulk of next years playing squad this work has been going on throughout the season before the final league position was known and the finances are already in place to cover it.

On recruitment / finances we’ve seen a clear improvement in the later additions, another one we know of is BD from Eagles and they intend to continue that trend with Liam Finn.

Worse case scenario isn’t all doom and gloom and we get 1 or 2 less but there will be more coming in and they will be of the right quality from who’s available.

It’s been a steep learning curve for the BoD what with coming in and IMG appearing on the scene, it’s no easy job running a rugby league club in the second tier, in the “mugs game league” it’s definitely in the top 2 or 3 even if we aren’t so maybe time to get behind them rather than in their backs.

Once again my post isn't even having a pop at the board more just saying how unlucky they have been to take over at this very point and saying what a tough ask they and Liam Finn now have to turn things around for the better. I would stop putting money in to the club if I didn't want to back them, which I most certainly don't want to do.
Last edited by Greg Florimos Boots on Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player975No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 20:5924th Apr 24 18:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:33 pm  
My mrs ‘ late grandad frank Bostock who ran a nightclub called Gladstones once knocked out Richard Dunn and threw him in a skip , the story was passed down to me whilst I tried to convince the family to invest in the panthers, is it true ? Is it a myth ? Is it hyperbole? We’ ll never know because you can say what you want under the banner of ‘ opinion ‘
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6340
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 08:3927th Apr 24 08:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Signature
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:31 pm  
I'm totally in the dark regarding central funding. We used to get actual figures under the old "super qualifiers" system, but zilch (as far as I can see) with the current system. I do recall someone saying York beating us in the play offs last season cost us £40k, but nothing was released about how much we actually received in the end.

Also it'd be good to see the club disclose how much was made (or lost) in the 1895 cup run as it all seems to be guesswork. Why the secrecy? Or do the fans have to find out via a bombshell "we're skint" announcement after forking out for a season ticket aka bullies style.

I'd also love to know if the costs for clubs to travel to Toulouse are met by the RL. Not being anti-expansionist (even though I see nothing wrong with a sport concentrated just along the M62 corridor) but having a French team in a part time league with all the associated costs whilst bringing absolutely nothing to either English or French RL is so stupid it beggars belief, but that's another topic of conversation!
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 18:2825th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:42 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
You know most of it's true what I said when faxcar hasn't gone on all out attack against me. :wink:

Not sure how much you think the club will have made from "split" gates against Fev, Barrow, Bradford, and London although I will admit the club would have at least made a decent profit against Saints. Clubs barely even cover their expenses for cup games when crowds are so low.

So going back to your post where you said I were pushing false naratives, which parts were untrue?

All out attack quoting your own contradictions, slight exaggeration when I actually laughed and thought it embarrassing and talking of exaggerations "Begging to buy the club" "Selling their suits" :lol: :oops:

Not sure how much you "think" the club made or didn't make from the cup run but I am sure you simply don't know.

So going back to your post and question on false narratives and which parts were untrue.

None of it was based on facts, rather all of it was "true to form" exaggerated, tongue in cheek and based on guess work which if it was a "comments" coin yours would have doom and gloom on both sides. :lol:
Last edited by faxcar on Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player975No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:53 pm  
Tony Fax wrote:
I'm totally in the dark regarding central funding. We used to get actual figures under the old "super qualifiers" system, but zilch (as far as I can see) with the current system. I do recall someone saying York beating us in the play offs last season cost us £40k, but nothing was released about how much we actually received in the end.

Also it'd be good to see the club disclose how much was made (or lost) in the 1895 cup run as it all seems to be guesswork. Why the secrecy? Or do the fans have to find out via a bombshell "we're skint" announcement after forking out for a season ticket aka bullies style.

I'd also love to know if the costs for clubs to travel to Toulouse are met by the RL. Not being anti-expansionist (even though I see nothing wrong with a sport concentrated just along the M62 corridor) but having a French team in a part time league with all the associated costs whilst bringing absolutely nothing to either English or French RL is so stupid it beggars belief, but that's another topic of conversation!

Just ask gfb he knows everything from the price of Richard bannisters suits to the conversations between springer and Grix , gfb is the omnipresent one .
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:58 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Once again my post isn't even having a pop at the board more just saying how unlucky they have been to take over at this very point and saying what a tough ask they and Liam Finn now have to turn things around for the better. I would stop putting money in to the club if I didn't want to back them, which I most certainly don't want to do.

Must be your guilty conscience because I never mentioned anything about you having a pop at the board.

But now to say "Begging to buy the club" and having to "sell their suits" to balance to books in their first year is "unlucky" is really one of the best yet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And just for clarity when I quote you in the future. :wink:

Is it that you certainly don't want to stop putting your money in, or that you didn't want to back them which you certainly don't want to do. :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9343
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years54th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 17:0327th Apr 24 09:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:26 pm  
Tony Fax wrote:

It used to be that part of the agreement of Toulouse been in the league was that they had to cover travel expenses. I'm not sure if that is still the case or not. Agree regards the central funding secrecy, I seem to recall an interview that Ian Croad did around about the lockdown time when he mentioned some figures that had been proposed to clubs and that they expected a few years down the line that they would have to expect pretty much nothing in the way of central funding and clubs had been told to prepare for that. With the Sky money drop now as well we have to presume that what ever our league got before is either going to stay the same or more than likely reduce which would be a double whammy for us if we missed out on the playoffs.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2556No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200321 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 24 15:0129th Feb 24 23:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:49 pm  
Can people stop going off on random tangents. This thread is about the Widnes game. If you want to moan about Tolouse start another thread.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:45 pm  
Nat (Rugby_Aholic) wrote:
Can people stop going off on random tangents. This thread is about the Widnes game. If you want to moan about Tolouse start another thread.

Will it be okay for them to moan about Widnes on the Toulouse thread :?:

Just trying to be helpful. :lol:
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player975No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Widnes Vikings. : Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:58 am  
Just been into Harvey’s in Halifax , seen Grayson , bannister and uttley handing their suits back in , heard them moaning that durgan was keeping his and if Karl Harrison had gone to jacamo like they suggested they wouldn’t be in such a financial mess .
PreviousNext