FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Be careful in the gym.......
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:41 pm  
HorseyHally wrote:
clearly taking snippets of my wording to fit it your argument, I made the point that it would be a fair assumption that given that somebody who's mental wiring had changed and then turned homosexual would indicate a mental relation to homosexuality.


You seem to be confusing coincidence with a causal relationship. We know for sure that he broke his neck during the accident - maybe that turned him gay. He was taken to hospital in an ambulance - maybe that turned him gay. He was probably given some sort of sedation and/or pain relief - maybe that turned him gay. Or maybe he was gay/bisexual all along and his brush with death lead him to take stock and decide life is too short to live a lie.

So, in short, it's not a 'fair assumption' at all - even if it could be shown that his 'mental wiring had changed'.
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 pm  
DaveO wrote:
Such as what? That the Daily Mail gets worse not better?

That he was gay all along and found an excuse to come out?


Spot on. Lets wait and see if he sues them for millions.
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:02 am  
I'm constantly amazed as to where people who think being gay is "immoral" or "wrong" got their thinking from.
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:31 pm  
Him wrote:
I'm constantly amazed as to where people who think being gay is "immoral" or "wrong" got their thinking from.

There used to be a poster on here who said the Bible supported that view.
IIRC the poster quoted Jesus but I wasn't convinced at the interpretation.

However, I'm not of the view that the Bible or Jesus should be taken as gospel. :wink:
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:49 pm  
rover49 wrote:
Spot on. Lets wait and see if he sues them for millions.

I don't think he'd be very successful seeing as he appears to have said, in his own words:
"‘I was gay when I woke up and I still am. It sounds strange but when I came round I immediately felt different. I wasn’t interested in women any more. I was definitely gay. I had never been attracted to a man before – I’d never even had any gay friends."

So let's take what we know (assuming he is telling the truth): he wasn't originally gay, he was much like many posters in here - a rugby-playing 'lad'. He had a traumatic event which included a stroke and a broken neck. He now claims he's gay and has, according to his account and some vague pictorial evidence, changed dramatically.

Bearing in mind many accounts of changes of behaviour, skills and knowledge following trauma involving the brain, I don't see what the problem is.

The important thing to bear in mind is that IF this is true, it doesn't necessarily follow that all homosexuality is the result of an incorrectly wired brain. In this case, just wired differently to before the trauma.
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 pm  
Cronus wrote:
I don't think he'd be very successful seeing as he appears to have said, in his own words:
"‘I was gay when I woke up and I still am. It sounds strange but when I came round I immediately felt different. I wasn’t interested in women any more. I was definitely gay. I had never been attracted to a man before – I’d never even had any gay friends."

So let's take what we know (assuming he is telling the truth): he wasn't originally gay, he was much like many posters in here - a rugby-playing 'lad'. He had a traumatic event which included a stroke and a broken neck. He now claims he's gay and has, according to his account and some vague pictorial evidence, changed dramatically.

Bearing in mind many accounts of changes of behaviour, skills and knowledge following trauma involving the brain, I don't see what the problem is.

The important thing to bear in mind is that IF this is true, it doesn't necessarily follow that all homosexuality is the result of an incorrectly wired brain. In this case, just wired differently to before the trauma.


There is a suggestion that brain structure differs in gay men compared with the general population and also in lesbian women compared with the general population. If I recall, gay men seem to have a more symmetrical hemispheres than straight men, gay women less symmetrical hemispheres than straight women.

Then there's the question of how overcrowding affects behaviour - I think there's was a famous old study that showed male rats can become homosexual in crowded conditions.
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:54 pm  
Apparently, he and his girlfriend at the time, were on a "break", which roughly translated means she had already dumped him, reasons not given to the press.

So he has a blow to the head and wakes up gay :LIAR: Why does'nt he just admit that he has always been gay. Afterall, he would'nt be the 1st gay male hairdresser...
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:07 pm  
Live Wired wrote:
Apparently, he and his girlfriend at the time, were on a "break", which roughly translated means she had already dumped him, reasons not given to the press.

So he has a blow to the head and wakes up gay :LIAR: Why does'nt he just admit that he has always been gay. Afterall, he would'nt be the 1st gay male hairdresser...


It could be that he'd put a block up and refused to accept or acknowledge it. He certainly wouldn't be the first to do that.

Equally, as has already been mentioned, he could be bisexual.
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:13 pm  
Anyway, back to the gym.

I spent an hour on the new machine in the gym yesterday and was as sick as a dog afterwards. Mind you, it's a great machine, chock-full of chocolate bars, crisps and fizzy drinks
Re: Be careful in the gym....... : Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:15 pm  
cod'ead wrote:
Anyway, back to the gym.

I spent an hour on the new machine in the gym yesterday and was as sick as a dog afterwards. Mind you, it's a great machine, chock-full of chocolate bars, crisps and fizzy drinks


Are you feeling different?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza and 19 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin