FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Pre-season.
Re: Pre-season. : Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:54 am  
mwindass wrote:
I'm not convinced he'll work out. I'm pretty fickle though so come back to me in March :lol:

i think he'll go well. Certainly sounds like he's coming with a big point to prove and hopefully he'll prove the doubters wrong.
Re: Pre-season. : Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:13 am  
Steve0 wrote:
45 games in 5 years isn't most games

He was in the Canterbury team alot last season

19 times he was on their team sheet
Re: Pre-season. : Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:15 am  
RockNRolla wrote:
mwindass wrote:
I'm not convinced he'll work out. I'm pretty fickle though so come back to me in March :lol:

i think he'll go well. Certainly sounds like he's coming with a big point to prove and hopefully he'll prove the doubters wrong.

For me out of the new incoming quota players, Ese ese and Brown are the 2 that you would pick as the ones you'd expect to go well in SL, however hopefully Pele and Okunbor will also prove to be very good signings, think Okunbor may surprise quite a few. Looking forward to seeing Ese ese and Pele take to the field.
Re: Pre-season. : Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:05 pm  
Chris71 wrote:
For me out of the new incoming quota players, Ese ese and Brown are the 2 that you would pick as the ones you'd expect to go well in SL, however hopefully Pele and Okunbor will also prove to be very good signings, think Okunbor may surprise quite a few. Looking forward to seeing Ese ese and Pele take to the field.

If, and it doesn't always work this way, they all click, then I do genuinely think we can spring a few surprises, maybe not against the very top teams, if they are also on it, but certainly the mid table teams that we may have struggled against previously, because that must be thereabouts the biggest pack in the league and with Brown in international form, then good things could happen. We will need a good bit of luck in the halves and hopefully the new spine will be good off the back of some real go forward. After feeling quite despondent I've had another look at some of the Bulldog games and Okunbor, while not catching the eye, does do some good things and covers line breaks well, at times, so maybe he'll find his form and surprise us all. Glass half full today.
Re: Pre-season. : Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:15 pm  
Pele is a very big man
Re: Pre-season. : Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:31 pm  
If he runs anywhere near his weight he's gonna be the line breaker we need.
Re: Pre-season. : Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:43 pm  
Carrying a bit of puppy fat round the mid section. Doesn't mean too much but I just think his fitness could be a worry
Re: Pre-season. : Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:54 pm  
Irregs#16 wrote:
Carrying a bit of puppy fat round the mid section. Doesn't mean too much but I just think his fitness could be a worry

Plenty of time to get some good conditioning in to him and have him ready for round one.
Re: Pre-season. : Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:27 pm  
Just read the article on Hull's website about Balmforth doing extra training abroad during the off season, hopefully he'll really kick on and be in the 17 by the end of the season, seems a natural successor for Houghton.
Re: Pre-season. : Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:37 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
That's a decent looking 13 but the big worry for Salford is how many will be there come the end of the season.

And where they will be at the start of this season, there must be a bit of concern about the club, the ground etc. from within although they do have an excellent coach and a core of very good players including Sneydy but you know my feelings on letting him leave anyway.
PreviousNext