FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shares for sale in Trinity?
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:58 pm  
AMI wrote:
I received my share certificate yesterday and each share is valued at £0.01 which I’m not concerned about as I’m
not seeing this as a financial
Investment which I expect a return on. However the share certificate numbers I have are up to 307,500. Can I conclude that we have sold 307,500+ shares or do we think that it might include shares already purchased by the current board etc?


Sorry AMI but that is exactly how it was explained, unless I'm not understanding your point? It was made very clear that there would never be a financial return on these shares, if that's what you mean as I'm not totally getting your point.

Trinity are a limited company, the sort of shares you seem to think you have would, as far as I'm aware, need to see the company floated on the stock exchange as a PLC or you'd have to spend way way more and buy a seat on the BOD. These are members shares to be invested in the club but ones that come with benefits, they are not shares you would actively trade. You can sell them if you want and you can find a buyer, but that's not what they are designed for, but again I may be misunderstanding you.

See image, this is directly from the application form, if that helps.

As for the numbering, that's probably irrelevant, that could include previous shares, or new directors shares or who knows what, 300,000 could have just been a random staring point. What you have is 500 or 1000 £1 shares in the capital of the Company (that's the asset value of the club in total, including debt), with a nominal commercial value at present of £0.01p.

Hope that helps

Image
Last edited by vastman on Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:20 pm  
To be fair i thought AMI was asking if we had sold 307500 shares in the club. I suspect, as he has, that number includes the likes of JM and MC et el.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:28 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
To be fair i thought AMI was asking if we had sold 307500 shares in the club. I suspect, as he has, that number includes the likes of JM and MC et el.


You might be right, it was just this line that concerned me a little.

'I received my share certificate yesterday and each share is valued at £0.01 which I’m not concerned about as I’m
not seeing this as a financial'...

As there is no cash investment return element to the shareholder in these shares only to the club I just felt it needed to be made clear.

As for the numbering. If we have sold £300,000 of shares that would be great, when I first saw that figure I made that conclusion but I'm not sure now. The crucial number is the share number, that gives a better idea - if you average it out its probably £750 per certificate - problem is nobody know who has the latest one, could go up to 50 or 500! I assume that will be made public knowledge at the first AGM.

So not having a go, just trying to make things clear, though I probably haven't :lol:
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:19 pm  
vastman wrote:
You might be right, it was just this line that concerned me a little.

'I received my share certificate yesterday and each share is valued at £0.01 which I’m not concerned about as I’m
not seeing this as a financial'...

As there is no cash investment return element to the shareholder in these shares only to the club I just felt it needed to be made clear.

As for the numbering. If we have sold £300,000 of shares that would be great, when I first saw that figure I made that conclusion but I'm not sure now. The crucial number is the share number, that gives a better idea - if you average it out its probably £750 per certificate - problem is nobody know who has the latest one, could go up to 50 or 500! I assume that will be made public knowledge at the first AGM.

So not having a go, just trying to make things clear, though I probably haven't :lol:


That doesn't make anything clear "Hub" (please stick to that) to me.

Selling 600 lots of £500 is massive if that's what we've done.....but you keep saying 'if', which doesn't make it clear.
And the certificate number of 307,500 at a penny a share doesn't match up.

Better to wait for the official answer, whether through you from the club or direct from the club rather than speculating.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:37 pm  
PopTart wrote:
That doesn't make anything clear "Hub" (please stick to that) to me.

Selling 600 lots of £500 is massive if that's what we've done.....but you keep saying 'if', which doesn't make it clear.
And the certificate number of 307,500 at a penny a share doesn't match up.

Better to wait for the official answer, whether through you from the club or direct from the club rather than speculating.


Err no PT, I'm entitled to reply as myself and as a member shareholder - if I replied as the HUB that would suggest I knew something and I don't, THAT WOULD BE DISHONEST, I'm not claiming to know, I'm explaining it as I understand it, so pack in trying to score cheap oints by undermining everything I try to say, I just don't know why you feel the need at times. You are way out of line on this.

So AGAIN as far as I understand it, the 0.01p is a nominal amount that by law you have to value any share at, by there very nature you can't give a share a fixed value as it fluctuates in value depending on the state of the company, that's how it works, I'm not stating anything radical. Trinity can't say that share is worth a pound because they don't know if it is but if they stated it was they would be liable. The £500 or £1000 you paid for those shares is what you paid, it's what they cost you, it's not what they are now worth - that's the point, these shares are highly unlikely to ever be worth what you paid let alone in profit.

It's very simple, something is only worth what someone else will pay and that applies to shares as much as cars or houses. Thats why in the late 90's you could pick up Asda shares for £4 when a year earlier they were £40, yet I suspect when they were first issued they to had a nominal value that was tiny.

Finally if you are thinking they might increase in value if there was a take over, then no, the percentage of the shares owned by the fans is to small and wouldn't tip the balance. If we were taken over the buyer would buy out the BOD's, however that is highly unlikely, not just at Trinity or any other club. Most likely a new owner would simply buy the debt - nobody is coming out of this one alive (don't take that literally like you normally do, I only mean financially). :thumb:

Hope that help!
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:14 pm  
I know AMI and I know he is definitely not looking for a return on his investment… I think like me he’s interested in the amount that the club has managed to raise..
I’m sure it is a question for the board members at the shareholders meeting , when we’re having our tea and biscuits.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:21 pm  
vastman wrote:
Err no PT, I'm entitled to reply as myself and as a member shareholder - if I replied as the HUB that would suggest I knew something and I don't, THAT WOULD BE DISHONEST, I'm not claiming to know, I'm explaining it as I understand it, so pack in trying to score cheap oints by undermining everything I try to say, I just don't know why you feel the need at times. You are way out of line on this.

So AGAIN as far as I understand it, the 0.01p is a nominal amount that by law you have to value any share at, by there very nature you can't give a share a fixed value as it fluctuates in value depending on the state of the company, that's how it works, I'm not stating anything radical. Trinity can't say that share is worth a pound because they don't know if it is but if they stated it was they would be liable. The £500 or £1000 you paid for those shares is what you paid, it's what they cost you, it's not what they are now worth - that's the point, these shares are highly unlikely to ever be worth what you paid let alone in profit.

It's very simple, something is only worth what someone else will pay and that applies to shares as much as cars or houses. Thats why in the late 90's you could pick up Asda shares for £4 when a year earlier they were £40, yet I suspect when they were first issued they to had a nominal value that was tiny.

Finally if you are thinking they might increase in value if there was a take over, then no, the percentage of the shares owned by the fans is to small and wouldn't tip the balance. If we were taken over the buyer would buy out the BOD's, however that is highly unlikely, not just at Trinity or any other club. Most likely a new owner would simply buy the debt - nobody is coming out of this one alive (don't take that literally like you normally do, I only mean financially). :thumb:

Hope that help!


It was your idea to used the HUB not mine. Don't start your ranting, it was actually a genuine question to seek clarity.

You implied the number on the share certificate equates to the number of shares. That didn't seem to match up to what has been sold.
I'm happy for you to explain it but your last explanation wasn't clear to me. So I asked a question.

This is all really unnecessary. If you put yourself forward as having knowledge, I thought you'd take questions. If not don't answer that's fine. But criticising someone for asking questions doesn't seem like a good way forward to me.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:51 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
To be fair i thought AMI was asking if we had sold 307500 shares in the club. I suspect, as he has, that number includes the likes of JM and MC et el.


That’s exactly what I was asking but I got a lecture instead. Also I read Vastmans initial response which was much less polite than the one on there now. I just wasn’t able to reply at the time. He obviously had a word with himself and toned it down slightly and edited it.
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:51 pm  
There’s a shareholder meeting on Thursday 9th 6pm.
Did I read somewhere that it would be online for those who couldn’t attend? Or have I dreamt it?
Does anyone know?
Re: Shares for sale in Trinity? : Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:45 pm  
Belle Vue wrote:
There’s a shareholder meeting on Thursday 9th 6pm.
Did I read somewhere that it would be online for those who couldn’t attend? Or have I dreamt it?
Does anyone know?

I can't attend and was hoping to be able to access it later as I've a prior commitment
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Spookisback, Unconcluded and 136 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity