FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:35 pm  
vastman wrote:
He was, that's the point I was making. The only HB we got from the Championship (although we actually got him from Cas) who was slow was Finn. All the rest including Jamie Rooney didn't lack any pace. I just don't know who Alegend is referring to.


I would guess at Ben Reynolds. He wasn't quick but he wasn't Finn slow.

Doesn't really matter anyway. This is the first signing. Hardly time to be disappointed. Weve no idea what's coming next.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:50 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I would guess at Ben Reynolds. He wasn't quick but he wasn't Finn slow.

Doesn't really matter anyway. This is the first signing. Hardly time to be disappointed. Weve no idea what's coming next.


Smith is average quick, he's certainly not slow, Having lightening pace in most positions is an advantage, but for a HB it's not essential. Plenty of top notch HB's cant do the length of the field but then that isn't really their job. A good HB's job is to find space for those who can, Anyway it's all academic now until the season starts.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:57 pm  
vastman wrote:
Smith is average quick, he's certainly not slow, Having lightening pace in most positions is an advantage, but for a HB it's not essential. Plenty of top notch HB's cant do the length of the field but then that isn't really their job. A good HB's job is to find space for those who can, Anyway it's all academic now until the season starts.


I didn't say otherwise. I just pointed out a player that might be who Legend is referring to.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:25 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I didn't say otherwise. I just pointed out a player that might be who Legend is referring to.


I know you didn't, I was just carrying on the conversation.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:25 pm  
Ben Reynolds
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:55 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I didn't say otherwise. I just pointed out a player that might be who Legend is referring to.

That is one of the players Hope I am proven wrong big time and Vastman and the rest are proven right .Just want the club to stop been a joke in S L We have had two T V pundits already laughing us about the new coach, just want some thing to get pundits talking about us in a positive way .If proven wrong I will come on hear and say i was, not like some who just disappear
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:40 pm  
alegend wrote:
just want some thing to get pundits talking about us in a positive way .If proven wrong I will come on hear and say i was, not like some who just disappear


There's a kid called Lewis Murphy they keep harping on about. I'll have to watch out for him.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:24 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
There's a kid called Lewis Murphy they keep harping on about. I'll have to watch out for him.



Never heard of him, or some kid called Hall.

Also some lad who’s been playing for Fev, Sam something.

Seriously I don’t get where this snobbery has come from.

Up until SL nobody gave a damn where a player came from or his old he was.

Andy Wilson was playing park rugby for Queens one week and the next he was playing for us against Wigan.

Getting players from other clubs in the lower divisions was even more common. It’s a myth that the Trinity sides of the sixties and seventies were made up of Wakey lads. There were plenty of imports from all over the north.

For me the aim isn’t to sign household names but create them, that’s what great clubs do. The great Wigan team of the 80/90’s had some famous signings but the core was players nobody had heard of until they first ran out and many of those came from unfashionable clubs.

For me you create the core first then you add the special extra players, you don’t do it the other way around..

If you look at NRL clubs that’s what they do. They create a great team, it eventually fades. They then decline for a while as they rebuild, then hey presto a few years later they are back and competing with a new core.

We won’t win the SL this year or next, we could fluke a CCup but our record is dreadful. But we won’t be easy-beats and we will build and we will retain where we can.

It’s not a five year plan or any sound bite rubbish it’s the cyclical nature of sport. We got close in 2018 but the wheels fell off and nobody saw COVID. It will come again and this time we will be better prepared.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:21 am  
[quote="vastman"]

If you look at NRL clubs that’s what they do. They create a great team, it eventually fades. They then decline for a while as they rebuild, then hey presto a few years later they are back and competing with a new core.

This is okay if you don’t have to worry about relegation, unfortunately we do.

———————————————————————————————-

We won’t win the SL this year or next, we could fluke a CCup but our record is dreadful. But we won’t be easy-beats and we will build and we will retain where we can.

I think you should have started this with in my opinion because on what fact do you know we will not be easy beats and you can’t equate the academy with Super League.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:23 am  
[quote="Scarlet Pimpernell"]

IMO we never are.

In your head god only knows.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MOPSEY LIVES ON, Pat Bateman and 196 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity