FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:25 am  
Looking forward to watching Morgan Smith play in the red white and blue on Boxing Day. He looks a good signing! :CLAP:
Re: Morgan Smith : Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:39 am  
JINJER wrote:
If I’m thinking of the right player I thought Pete Smith was his dad, I’m pretty sure I worked with MS’s (overbearing) grandad who went to every game with him, was renowned for telling coaches etc where they had gone wrong when not picking MS.

Pete Smith (his grandad) worked at New College, Pontefract on the non-teaching side, caretaker.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:54 am  
Welcome aboard lad and enjoy the ride !
Re: Morgan Smith : Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:53 am  
alegend wrote:
Bit underwhelming if true stand of or scrum half is the most important positions on the park now Think it leaves us a bit short in those possions .

How about givng him a chance first?
Re: Morgan Smith : Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:05 am  
BarnsleyGull wrote:
How about givng him a chance first?

Why do that, it's not the Trinity way.

If it's not a current SOO player......

Makes me laugh though as it's usually the same posters who demand we give young British players a chance. You just can't win.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:08 am  
Good feeling about this signing. The lad can definitely play. Let's hope a good partnership is forged with Lino.
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:14 am  
I think he looks like an exciting prospect who could come in and do a job as back up with a view to forcing his way into the team.

I’m not sure I want to go into the season with him and Lino being our frontline 6&7.

He reminds me a bit of Mikey Lewis who has been sensational for KR this year at times.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him also used at 9 in the dynamic scooting role off the bench.

He looks the type who will go very well behind a dominant pack…..we just need to sign one!

On the face of it, he looks a useful addition to the squad.
Re: Morgan Smith : Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:24 am  
vastman wrote:
Why do that, it's not the Trinity way.

If it's not a current SOO player......

Makes me laugh though as it's usually the same posters who demand we give young British players a chance. You just can't win.

Don't worry about that Vasty, we have three of those signing next week...... :)
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:20 am  
Always been a good player from being a kid, he looks good behind a dominant pack on the front foot, he is short of pace so the pack need to get him in decent areas to have any effect
Re: Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal : Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:04 pm  
MOPSEY LIVES ON wrote:
Always been a good player from being a kid, he looks good behind a dominant pack on the front foot, he is short of pace so the pack need to get him in decent areas to have any effect

Yeah, he looks pretty mobile and elusive over 20-30 meters, but doesn't look like he could do the length of the pitch.

Also looks like a player who has the knack of being in the right place, a lot of his Fev tries seemed to come from supporting the ball carrier.
PreviousNext