24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - IMG
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:42 pm  
So a rehashed idea from 10 years ago.
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:43 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I think the point is that this is a summary and the detail will be released later.

I assume top 1 and 2 will be funded like Super League. They are making tier 1 a franchise system and tier 2/3 a P&R system.

Probably no more French clubs

Participation of clubs outside of the UK to be capped and with additional standards to support domestic growth.
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:45 pm  
Is it not like the proposed European football league? SL will be a mix of cat A and Cat B teams , but only Cat B teams being relegated. Would we be Cat A or B?
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:48 pm  
It appear that if they access enough Category A clubs to fill tier 1 then it becomes a closed shop. The important factor then becomes the league size and the criteria applicable.
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:49 pm  
djcool wrote:
Is it not like the proposed European football league? SL will be a mix of cat A and Cat B teams , but only Cat B teams being relegated. Would we be Cat A or B?

That’s might be all down to a minimum standards policy. Deja Vu anyone?
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:51 pm  
What if there are 20 grade ‘A’ clubs??? What if there are no grade ‘A’ clubs??

What are the criteria??
What happens in 23/24/25?
Does a sustainable community club rank higher than a privately funded first grade team or vice verse?
Does owning your own stadium rank higher than renting or vice verse?
What is the optimum business model for sustainability and growth??

To make bland motherhood statements and not provide any criteria at this stage suggests to me that the consultants do not understand the operating environment or the fan culture of the sport…

Framing the future (again)
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:55 pm  
Looks - as usual - that they haven't taken anything on board (as I suspected) from the fans and will just do what the "big" clubs want......
Complete waste of time.
It was a chance for the smaller and less well off clubs to stick together - doesn't look at the moment like thats happened either.
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:57 pm  
They should’ve gone to 14 teams if they were going back to licensing. All this seems to do is make sure the top 4 stay the top 4. Again.
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:02 pm  
The big issue here, apart from there not currently being 12 grade A clubs (which is interesting, as they havent fully defined the criteria), is what happent if/when they change any of the criteria (usually done to accommodate a newbie ?

Again, it will be interesting to see what happens with overseas clubs and their "academies"

Right now, us and Cas are under most threat with grounds, with Cas, Salford and KR and Warrington ? under pressure with academies.
Also, what happens when there are 6 /7 grade A clubs and then numbers are made up with grade B, which criteria will carry most weight ?
Re: IMG : Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:18 pm  
BarnsleyGull wrote:
Looks - as usual - that they haven't taken anything on board (as I suspected) from the fans and will just do what the "big" clubs want......
Complete waste of time.
It was a chance for the smaller and less well off clubs to stick together - doesn't look at the moment like thats happened either.

Certainly looks like theyvhave ignored fans and listened to mcmanus,lennigan,herhrington....

Load of crap if you ask me also bye bye magic
PreviousNext