Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stadium and other issues
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:08 pm  
What a game that was Marcuss
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:29 pm  
Yes remember it well the gasp that went round the ground when Wally slung a 30 yard pass that went like a lazer guided missile to Paul Geary in the warm up.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:08 pm  
I think it was a pass to his brother on the wing. We lost but it was worth the admission just to see Lewis, they say one player does not make a difference he did.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:36 pm  
vastman wrote:
The equation is straight forward.

Because the rise of modern terracing is much steeper, giving a vastly improved viewing experience, it will end up shorter but the same height at the back, see my crude drawing. There is in fact an increase in capacity despite the last third of the upper terrace being made redundant as the new terrace is far safer and can hold far more.

At some point in the future we cud carry the terracing right up to the top, but then we would definitely need a new roof. This extra capacity is not yet needed, but is available should it ever be.

Hope this helps

Which one is you Vasty? :D
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:01 pm  
I suspect some on here would like him to be the one in the "fenced off, won't be visible area" :wink: :wink:

:CURTAIN: :CURTAIN:
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:28 pm  
vastman wrote:
The equation is straight forward.

Because the rise of modern terracing is much steeper, giving a vastly improved viewing experience, it will end up shorter but the same height at the back, see my crude drawing. There is in fact an increase in capacity despite the last third of the upper terrace being made redundant as the new terrace is far safer and can hold far more.

At some point in the future we cud carry the terracing right up to the top, but then we would definitely need a new roof. This extra capacity is not yet needed, but is available should it ever be.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that Vasty, nicely explained.
I assume this will mean reduced numbers in the Northstand or, at least in the upper section ?

Is the hollow section the new gents toilet ?
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:07 pm  
FIL wrote:
I suspect some on here would like him to be the one in the "fenced off, won't be visible area" :wink: :wink:

:CURTAIN: :CURTAIN:

Only "some" FIL?? :roll: :lol:
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:39 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
Hull fan here. Always a great atmosphere at your stadium and pleased for you the improvements are well underway.

First game for me was the Sterling/Lewis game in 83.

Twas a great atmosphere at that game. Hull fans with the "No Wallies in our team" banner and Peter Sterling man of the match.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:41 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Thanks for that Vasty, nicely explained.
I assume this will mean reduced numbers in the Northstand or, at least in the upper section ?

Is the hollow section the new gents toilet ?

The answer is in his post. He says it increases capacity.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:56 pm  
PopTart wrote:
The answer is in his post. He says it increases capacity.

Yes it is, the new terracing will be much stronger than the old crumbling terrace which forced the Council H&S department to vastly reduce spectator numbers, my guess is the numbers allowed now will be higher than the numbers for the entire undercover section of the old terracing.
PreviousNext