FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stadium and other issues
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:00 pm  
vastman wrote:
The last picture, what bits are they?

In JM's tweet? Ithink they are the sections that go from the steel work downe to the ground like the north east corner.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:26 pm  
vastman wrote:
The last picture, what bits are they?

They look like the entrances to the seating
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:45 pm  
vastman wrote:
There will be no gym for now - doesn't matter what the Council thinks, the money no longer stretches that far, the Council will have no issues, they know how these things go, being over budget is a speciality of theirs.

So the low quality supporters wont be using the gym!!
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:33 pm  
vastman wrote:
There will be no gym for now - doesn't matter what the Council thinks, the money no longer stretches that far, the Council will have no issues, they know how these things go, being over budget is a speciality of theirs.


Wow, that’s hugely disappointing. With all the cutbacks already made on the east stand and north stand we are now not getting the gym too…

Is the whole refurbishment off? Cafe? Workout rooms? Locker room and shower rooms?

That’s incredibly poor of it’s the case. I can’t imagine how people at the club feel.I expected a few adjustments but this seems sizeable. Bet we will end up losing the fan zone part next…
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:39 pm  
Trojan Horse wrote:
Wow, that’s hugely disappointing. With all the cutbacks already made on the east stand and north stand we are now not getting the gym too…

Is the whole refurbishment off? Cafe? Workout rooms? Locker room and shower rooms?

That’s incredibly poor of it’s the case. I can’t imagine how people at the club feel.I expected a few adjustments but this seems sizeable. Bet we will end up losing the fan zone part next…

Never say Never, the community Hub was always designated as a phase 2 development. There’s still a possibility that this will happen. Keep the faith.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:01 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Never say Never, the community Hub was always designated as a phase 2 development. There’s still a possibility that this will happen. Keep the faith.


Phase 2? What is phase 2 plans? I thought they were part of phase 1 inclusive of the plans for North/East and the North east. I’m sure the funding was part of phase 1 and from this 12 million. Someone on the forum said the work would likely be done after east stand is complete and probably after season 2023 ends.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:55 am  
cosmicat wrote:
So the low quality supporters wont be using the gym!!


You mean the community actually, but no they won’t, or not for now. I’d explain why but it’s obvious and you are incapable of understanding.

Funny how you spend your life on here denigrating others efforts but when someone calls you out to cry foul. Just confirms what most of us suspected you were like.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:19 am  
Trojan Horse wrote:
Phase 2? What is phase 2 plans? I thought they were part of phase 1 inclusive of the plans for North/East and the North east. I’m sure the funding was part of phase 1 and from this 12 million. Someone on the forum said the work would likely be done after east stand is complete and probably after season 2023 ends.


Yes it is disappointing but you need to be realistic.

For a start it wasn’t 12 million, more like 10.5 all in. Now remember the club had built new floodlights and a new pitch etc so had no funds to ad.

Now those plans are nearly three years old, I don’t wish to be patronising but the world has changed drastically since then. Some items have increased 30% maybe more.

Some things you just can’t cut costs on to stay in budget, ie foundations or thinner steelworks. But unless you want us to go into debt and fold something had to give. The gym was the obvious choice. Mostly because as Dunkirk notes it can be done later. Just because things couldn’t be done this time doesn’t mean they never will!

I’ll give you an example. Two years ago there was enough slack in the budget to allow the club to fund a modest upgrade on the West terrace. Possibly as much as 200k - all gone before the first digger arrived. It’s upsetting but that’s life and timing is everything and ours was bad.

We have made a start, don’t assume it’s also an end. Options are being explored all the time but they also take time. Be patient.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:40 am  
vastman wrote:
You mean the community actually, but no they won’t, or not for now. I’d explain why but it’s obvious and you are incapable of understanding.

Funny how you spend your life on here denigrating others efforts but when someone calls you out to cry foul. Just confirms what most of us suspected you were like.

No you called trinity fan low quality fans your a disgrace no I don't denigrate other fans or posters just you
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:06 am  
vastman wrote:
Yes it is disappointing but you need to be realistic.

For a start it wasn’t 12 million, more like 10.5 all in. Now remember the club had built new floodlights and a new pitch etc so had no funds to ad.

Now those plans are nearly three years old, I don’t wish to be patronising but the world has changed drastically since then. Some items have increased 30% maybe more.

Some things you just can’t cut costs on to stay in budget, ie foundations or thinner steelworks. But unless you want us to go into debt and fold something had to give. The gym was the obvious choice. Mostly because as Dunkirk notes it can be done later. Just because things couldn’t be done this time doesn’t mean they never will!

I’ll give you an example. Two years ago there was enough slack in the budget to allow the club to fund a modest upgrade on the West terrace. Possibly as much as 200k - all gone before the first digger arrived. It’s upsetting but that’s life and timing is everything and ours was bad.

We have made a start, don’t assume it’s also an end. Options are being explored all the time but they also take time. Be patient.


I will accept it because there is no other choice. I just feel for the club. They can’t get a break at all and things just really seem to conspire against them. I have faith in the leaders at the club and I don’t doubt they’re doing their best and that they will get there.

It still is disappointing though that they continue to face adversity outside their control.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cats13, Majestic-12 [Bot], Wildthing and 135 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity