RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Corey Hall........signs till 2024
Corey Hall........signs till 2024 Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:51 am  
Corey Hall........signs till 2024
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:51 am  

TimmySmith wrote:
TimmySmith Member for 2 years
Cheeky half-back


Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Posts: 615
Just finished up listening to the podcast with the Trinity Heritage boys.

Get him tied down a bigger deal, massive season for us, so versatile and 20 years old. The next Reece Lyne in the making.
Re: Corey Hall Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:07 pm  
Re: Corey Hall
Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:07 pm  

vastman wrote:
vastman Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35266
Location: Poodle Power!
TimmySmith wrote:
Just finished up listening to the podcast with the Trinity Heritage boys.

Get him tied down a bigger deal, massive season for us, so versatile and 20 years old. The next Reece Lyne in the making.


It’s not as simple as that if only it were. I listened to it and it’s obvious he’s a bright ambitious lad. He’s not going to be tied down to anything, he will want to see who comes in for him. Money will matter but that will only be part of it. We may be able to match the money at this point but not the ambition. It’s not like he hasn’t been around a fair bit already.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Corey Hall Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 pm  
Re: Corey Hall
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Member for 18 years
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 4642
vastman wrote:
It’s not as simple as that if only it were. I listened to it and it’s obvious he’s a bright ambitious lad. He’s not going to be tied down to anything, he will want to see who comes in for him. Money will matter but that will only be part of it. We may be able to match the money at this point but not the ambition. It’s not like he hasn’t been around a fair bit already.


We certainly need to try and tie him down even if it’s an extra year. If we head in the right direction with the developments and on the field we may be able to at least see some play off rugby.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Corey Hall Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:22 pm  
Re: Corey Hall
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:22 pm  

The Avenger wrote:
The Avenger Member for 9 years
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 am
Posts: 4382
The best way to make him stay is to sign some high quality players and help him get into the England team in the next couple of years. The club needs to match the ambition of these young players
Re: Corey Hall Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:40 am  
Re: Corey Hall
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:40 am  

vastman wrote:
vastman Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35266
Location: Poodle Power!
Trojan Horse wrote:
We certainly need to try and tie him down even if it’s an extra year. If we head in the right direction with the developments and on the field we may be able to at least see some play off rugby.


But that’s the point, you can’t tie a player down. If they are any good and they know it they either want to stop or they don’t. They won’t sign just for security, not if they believe the offers will come.

If you were the much improved Kershaw you probably would sign because god player that you are for Trinity you probably won’t attract the attention of the sort of clubs you can’t say no to. Hall might if he carries on as he is so why would he agree to anything at this point? He might but he probably won’t, I wouldn’t, not at 20.

The reason TJ signed was part personality but part the team he was in. As Avenger says Hall needs to be surrounded by players who will get him noticed for the England team and for a while TJ was. Next season he probably wouldn’t have been or at least not with the certainty he had when he last signed.

With Hall it will all depend on money and where the team is at the end of the season, not now.

But as I don’t know him I could be completely wrong, I’m basing my opinion on how most young ambitious players and they’re agents think.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Corey Hall Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:44 am  
Re: Corey Hall
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:44 am  

vastman wrote:
vastman Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35266
Location: Poodle Power!
The Avenger wrote:
The best way to make him stay is to sign some high quality players and help him get into the England team in the next couple of years. The club needs to match the ambition of these young players


Avenger that’s true, now tell us how? You can’t spend what you don’t have.

The only way for now is to forge a team that plays above itself and then hope that we benefit from a cup run or at least a competitive season. If we can do that it will help, but we won’t be able to buy it we will have to create it and that won’t be easy.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Corey Hall Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:01 am  
Re: Corey Hall
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:01 am  

PopTart wrote:
PopTart Member for 14 years
100% League Network
User avatar


Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 17006
Location: wakefield
vastman wrote:
Avenger that’s true, now tell us how? You can’t spend what you don’t have.

The only way for now is to forge a team that plays above itself and then hope that we benefit from a cup run or at least a competitive season. If we can do that it will help, but we won’t be able to buy it we will have to create it and that won’t be easy.


We've got plenty of cap spend. Why be so negative before they've even started looking.
Tom, Bill, Milky and Dave will be our biggest earners.
We are not going to be signing from the Australian first 13 but we should be able to get decent players.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: Corey Hall Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:11 am  
Re: Corey Hall
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:11 am  

lampyboy wrote:
lampyboy Member for 11 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 2433
Providing they replace players of a similar quality and wages.
I can not help but think that Carter will look to save a few quid.
Re: Corey Hall Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:04 am  
Re: Corey Hall
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:04 am  

vastman wrote:
vastman Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35266
Location: Poodle Power!
PopTart wrote:
We've got plenty of cap spend. Why be so negative before they've even started looking.
Tom, Bill, Milky and Dave will be our biggest earners.
We are not going to be signing from the Australian first 13 but we should be able to get decent players.


What the hell are you on about!

Have I run over your cat or something?

I’m reasonably optimistic as it happens and have said nothing to the contrary, you seem to be creating your own narrative.

The OP stated we should tie Hall down, that’s what we are discussing, I’d flippin love that! I was pointing out that it isn’t as simple as just money and if you know the game as well as you seem to suggest you know that.

Again the OP stated the Hall podcast in which the lad comes across as both bright and ambitious. These types hold their nerve and wait and with a year to go?? on his contract Hall can wait as if he continues progressing he will become a hot property. These are not my theories it’s how it works!

I also pointed out in another post which clearly you didn’t read that JM stated we had five signings to come or a hands worth as he put it, 3 of those are quota so I’m very positive some real quality will be added.

If we recruit well and Mash proves a good coach and we finish in a play off position - then pinning Hall down becomes far easier. Another relegation scramble, it gets tricky especially if he himself remains in form.

I’m trying not to be condescending here but it’s obvious. Good players tie themselves to good teams. When TJ signed his last deal we were looking good, this time round, well you know what happened.

I’ve made no attempt to predict next season and with so many players to be added I wouldn’t even attempt to. My rule is that I give it at least five games in before making any kind of judgement.

Every new season is a blank canvas but some things are constant.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Corey Hall Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 am  
Re: Corey Hall
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 am  

PopTart wrote:
PopTart Member for 14 years
100% League Network
User avatar


Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 17006
Location: wakefield
vastman wrote:
What the hell are you on about!

Have I run over your cat or something?

I’m reasonably optimistic as it happens and have said nothing to the contrary, you seem to be creating your own narrative.

The OP stated we should tie Hall down, that’s what we are discussing, I’d flippin love that! I was pointing out that it isn’t as simple as just money and if you know the game as well as you seem to suggest you know that.

Again the OP stated the Hall podcast in which the lad comes across as both bright and ambitious. These types hold their nerve and wait and with a year to go?? on his contract Hall can wait as if he continues progressing he will become a hot property. These are not my theories it’s how it works!

I also pointed out in another post which clearly you didn’t read that JM stated we had five signings to come or a hands worth as he put it, 3 of those are quota so I’m very positive some real quality will be added.

If we recruit well and Mash proves a good coach and we finish in a play off position - then pinning Hall down becomes far easier. Another relegation scramble, it gets tricky especially if he himself remains in form.

I’m trying not to be condescending here but it’s obvious. Good players tie themselves to good teams. When TJ signed his last deal we were looking good, this time round, well you know what happened.

I’ve made no attempt to predict next season and with so many players to be added I wouldn’t even attempt to. My rule is that I give it at least five games in before making any kind of judgement.

Every new season is a blank canvas but some things are constant.


I agree with all that.....

But Avenger said we need to buy some high quality players. You replied to say how can we do that, and implied we need to get lower quality players who can play above themselves (not sure why that doesn't make them quality)

What I'm saying is when you replace your top earners you should be looking for top quality. We've lost 4 players that would have drawn other players to sign. We need to get at least one player back who raises interest outside the club.

That's what I thought Avenger was saying and shy I questioned your answer.
I'm not having a go at anything else you are saying.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AgbriggAmbler, BackSeatCoach, cosmicat, djcool, jason b, LG83, phe13, PopTart, REDWHITEANDBLUE, Roverman1, sandcat20, Spookisback, The Devil's Advocate, Trinity 61, wrencat1873 and 299 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
7m
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
55
7m
Squad and Team 2023
Thetalentboy
20
11m
Announcements
BigTime
95
16m
Rumours and signings v9
Cruncher
24867
19m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
tad rhino
4342
41m
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
43m
What we currently look like for 2023
asmadasa
886
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
22s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17924
27s
What we currently look like for 2023
asmadasa
886
35s
Home kit23
apollosghost
19
55s
Squad numbers
charlie
33
55s
Dragons Ladies Team 2022/2023
Jimmythecuck
1
1m
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
1m
Confirmed 2023 squad
WYSIWYG2
124
1m
O/T Poblems at Skolars
wire-quin
4
2m
Channel 4
rubber ducki
2
2m
Squad and Team 2023
Thetalentboy
20
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
TODAY
Channel 4
rubber ducki
2
TODAY
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
JENKY
3
TODAY
Dragons Ladies Team 2022/2023
Jimmythecuck
1
TODAY
Squad and Team 2023
Thetalentboy
20
TODAY
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
TODAY
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
55
TODAY
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
TODAY
Squad numbers
charlie
33
TODAY
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5965
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1887
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2833
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1715
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1831
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1904
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4630
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2147
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2731
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2639
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2576
England Top Group A With Big W..
2295
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2089
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3319
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2620
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,703 79,3159,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 17th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
19:30
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
19:45
Wakefield
v
Huddersfield
 Fri 10th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Leeds
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
 
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
7m
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
55
7m
Squad and Team 2023
Thetalentboy
20
11m
Announcements
BigTime
95
16m
Rumours and signings v9
Cruncher
24867
19m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
tad rhino
4342
41m
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
43m
What we currently look like for 2023
asmadasa
886
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
22s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17924
27s
What we currently look like for 2023
asmadasa
886
35s
Home kit23
apollosghost
19
55s
Squad numbers
charlie
33
55s
Dragons Ladies Team 2022/2023
Jimmythecuck
1
1m
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
1m
Confirmed 2023 squad
WYSIWYG2
124
1m
O/T Poblems at Skolars
wire-quin
4
2m
Channel 4
rubber ducki
2
2m
Squad and Team 2023
Thetalentboy
20
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
TODAY
Channel 4
rubber ducki
2
TODAY
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
JENKY
3
TODAY
Dragons Ladies Team 2022/2023
Jimmythecuck
1
TODAY
Squad and Team 2023
Thetalentboy
20
TODAY
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
TODAY
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
55
TODAY
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
TODAY
Squad numbers
charlie
33
TODAY
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5965
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1887
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2833
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1715
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1831
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1904
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4630
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2147
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2731
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2639
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2576
England Top Group A With Big W..
2295
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2089
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3319
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2620


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!