FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:17 pm  
Video of Rads chatting to Bryan Fletcher yesterday about the WCC and a few other bits.

https://youtu.be/1QlkLjQZJfg?si=ab85mgHhHS_-RnKI
Video of Rads chatting to Bryan Fletcher yesterday about the WCC and a few other bits.

https://youtu.be/1QlkLjQZJfg?si=ab85mgHhHS_-RnKI
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:42 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
Video of Rads chatting to Bryan Fletcher yesterday about the WCC and a few other bits.

https://youtu.be/1QlkLjQZJfg?si=ab85mgHhHS_-RnKI


Enjoyed that.

He was a bit of a character was Fletcher, one of those players you wished had joined Wigan earlier in his career but as long as a player had played SOO Maurice seemed open to bringing them to Wigan.

Rads not giving much away by highlighting our pack as well as Field & French.
sergeant pepper wrote:
Video of Rads chatting to Bryan Fletcher yesterday about the WCC and a few other bits.

https://youtu.be/1QlkLjQZJfg?si=ab85mgHhHS_-RnKI


Enjoyed that.

He was a bit of a character was Fletcher, one of those players you wished had joined Wigan earlier in his career but as long as a player had played SOO Maurice seemed open to bringing them to Wigan.

Rads not giving much away by highlighting our pack as well as Field & French.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:45 pm  
Looks like Sam Eseh picked up an injury today so thats four forwards unavailable. Looks like it's between Chan, Cooper and Hill for the final bench spot. Everything crossed we can get through the Cas game unscathed.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:20 pm  
I did wonder if selection today was a nod to next weeks team (and then potentially the Penrith team) with Harvie Hill not playing. He’s been excellent in pre season and looks in fantastic shape. I’m expecting him to get a spot on the bench next week and if he nails it, he could keep a spot for Penrith and that would be huge for him.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:37 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
I did wonder if selection today was a nod to next weeks team (and then potentially the Penrith team) with Harvie Hill not playing. He’s been excellent in pre season and looks in fantastic shape. I’m expecting him to get a spot on the bench next week and if he nails it, he could keep a spot for Penrith and that would be huge for him.


Maybe that is the way to go. In an ideal world it would be Cooper but it feels early - we'll probably know which one Peet plans to go for when we see the Cas line up.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:48 pm  
MadDogg wrote:
Maybe that is the way to go. In an ideal world it would be Cooper but it feels early - we'll probably know which one Peet plans to go for when we see the Cas line up.


I thought they may try and fast track Cooper in to the Penrith game but when Hill wasn’t named today, that made me think they’ll go with him next week and in the WCC and I think that is the right the right call. He did well up until that semi last year and missed out in the final and a chance like this feels a good reward for him and just shows he’s right in the mix, regardless of all the signings.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:31 pm  
Just seen the new special addition shirt video released by the club, great to see that Derms is doing well. A local lad who won it all a number of times but never featured for Wigan promotionally off the field once his career was finished until now. Long overdue.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:13 pm  
MattyB wrote:
Just seen the new special addition shirt video released by the club, great to see that Derms is doing well. A local lad who won it all a number of times but never featured for Wigan promotionally off the field once his career was finished until now. Long overdue.


Beauty of a shirt as well - wish we were playing with it all year instead of the migrane-inducing one we're going with.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:35 pm  
Ivan Cleary has confirmed Jerome Luai is OUT of the game. He’s still coming over though which is good.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:02 am  
MadDogg wrote:
Beauty of a shirt as well - wish we were playing with it all year instead of the migrane-inducing one we're going with.


Yep, overall seems to be getting a positive response from fans online, a few grumbles too and would imagine some fans wouldn’t of purchased the regular shirt had they known a much nicer version was in the pipeline.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 123 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors