FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RL fans on mobiles?
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:47 pm  
The site kinda seems like aids on mobile. If ever I browse here on my iPhone for more than say, 10 mins, my phone starts heating up and the battery starts draining faster than usual until I close the site. Not sure what that problem could be, but it's probably the ads and videos that are all constantly seemingly being loaded
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:32 pm  
Leeds_Luke wrote:
I have an ad blocker installed on my phone. I don't see any ads on this site at all.

It doesn't stop all the other glitches though, such as pages not loading and issues with posting replies.

Which blocker do you use out of curiosity?
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:39 pm  
ALAW wrote:
Which blocker do you use out of curiosity?

AdGuard, and Disconnect. Both on the free versions.
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:41 pm  
The Reaper wrote:
The site kinda seems like aids on mobile. If ever I browse here on my iPhone for more than say, 10 mins, my phone starts heating up and the battery starts draining faster than usual until I close the site. Not sure what that problem could be, but it's probably the ads and videos that are all constantly seemingly being loaded

Yeah, that’s a good way of describing it.

This site is aids for your phone.
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:04 pm  
Leeds_Luke wrote:
AdGuard, and Disconnect. Both on the free versions.

You beauty! Thank you
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:53 pm  
The Reaper wrote:

Yeah. I can imagine that would happen on a 20 year old Nokia. Get a decent phone. I have a decent phone and have literally never experienced anything like you have just posted.

A website making a smartphone heat up? Yeah ok.
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:03 pm  
RobRiches wrote:
Yeah. I can imagine that would happen on a 20 year old Nokia. Get a decent phone. I have a decent phone and have literally never experienced anything like you have just posted.

How do the RU websites work on your top tier phone?
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:19 pm  
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:33 pm  
RobRiches wrote:

Literally says "iPhone" in the post you quoted... And just for reference it's happened on my last 2! Started on my 11 Pro Max and I figured it was just the phone and maybe because I'd had it 18 months, but then I upgraded to a 13 Pro Max and it still happens....
Re: RL fans on mobiles? : Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:34 pm  
Hopie wrote:
https://i.rlfans.com/forums/

Any better?

Have stuck this in my tab. Will let you know!
PreviousNext