FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The World Cup
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:53 pm  
I'm no Wane fan but he isn't to blame for that.
Senior pro's making terrible decisions he can't legislate against.
Absolutely gutted, classic MGS, I know have one hundred and twenty sheets worth of tickets for something I don't want to go to.
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:55 pm  
Sandro II Terrorista wrote:
Absolutely gutted, classic MGS, I know have one hundred and twenty sheets worth of tickets for something I don't want to go to.

Same.

Went early (which I never ever do) because prices were getting daft and now I'm screwed.
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:13 pm  
I think the coach has a right to expect international players can catch a ball and throw passes that aren’t forward.
Englands right edge very poor in this game.
English national rugby league teams seem to lack the mental strength to maintain performance under pressure.
Having said that, congratulations to Samoa for a well deserved win.
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:41 pm  
Euclid wrote:
I think the coach has a right to expect international players can catch a ball and throw passes that aren’t forward.
Englands right edge very poor in this game.
English national rugby league teams seem to lack the mental strength to maintain performance under pressure.
Having said that, congratulations to Samoa for a well deserved win.

This. A few players were found out today and aren’t as good as some thought at international level….
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:43 pm  
asmadasa wrote:
This. A few players were found out today and aren’t as good as some thought at international level….

Cried out for Liam Farrell in the back row today. Some major value knocked off half that side. Not sure how RL over here recovers after that.
Last edited by DannyT on Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:47 pm  
scarrie wrote:
Absolutely belting game. The Aussies are relentless but NZ had their chances to win that.

Hard to know where England are currently in terms of matching that but we should have a better idea after tomorrow.

I think we know now…..
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:03 pm  
DannyT wrote:
Cried out for Liam Farrell in the back row today. Some major value knocked off half that side. Not sure how RL over here recovers after that.

Bit dramatic, it will continue as normal.

Hardly set the world on fire this tournament anyway.
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:07 pm  
Sandro II Terrorista wrote:

I thought Wane was partly to blame as well, what was he thinking of by bringing McLlorum back on when Radley opeating at 9 and Knowles at 13 was working well for quicker distribution and momentum.

Our right hand edge very poor and was responsilbe for 4 tries (3 for Samoa 1 disallowed England. The pressure really got to Welsby, Watkins and Young, we can excuse some of it with Welsby and Young at this level but Watkins wasn't on it at all.

Seemed to be disorganised on our end of sets, McLlorum couldn't find Williams and Tomkins at times and ended with Knowles and Whitehead with kicks that ended up nowhere.
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:09 pm  
pmarrow wrote:
Bit dramatic, it will continue as normal.

Hardly set the world on fire this tournament anyway.

You don’t inspire kids or investment on the back of failing to get to a final that was designed to get us there by design.
Re: The World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:19 pm  
Judder Man wrote:
I thought Wane was partly to blame as well, what was he thinking of by bringing McLlorum back on when Radley opeating at 9 and Knowles at 13 was working well for quicker distribution and momentum.

Micky being on in GP led to Welsby passing to himself (and knocking on) and Sam passing it forward after Welsby over ran him yes. Definitely.
PreviousNext