FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The ONLY LUFC Football Thread - Old.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:04 pm  
tad rhino wrote:
you not think its lack of organisation?

Yes for sure and that lies firmly with Cooper.
That`s why a Tarkowski or Coady would have helped.
The worry is we only have Llorente or Firpo to come in.
I don`t mind Kristenson but he is too slow to get back but is better than Ayling.
Struijk has done well as a stand in LB but again is too slow.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:06 pm  
kristienson was marking a man for the first goal.
the guy who scored wasnt tracked back.
and meslier should have come for the ball over the top.
harrison was poor yet again. get £30m in january and invest
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:59 pm  
Messlier defo should have come out for that one like he did later on to stop them scoring.
I reckon if Newcastle have been tracking Harrison they will run a mile from doing a deal unless we take 20 million and that's very doubtful they will offer that amount now.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:02 pm  
Massive massive win. I felt we looked very nervous, they knew it was a big game. We need to buy a decent left back first n foremost in Jan and play Struyik at centre back. That will make us better all round. This system has to have very good left and right backs. Kristensen has been very good recently but today was poor defensively.

Anyway let’s hope Newcastle beat Southampton tomorrow and we’ve nice breathing space at just below mid table with a game in hand. Anything we get from spurs is a bonus and we can plan for Jan window. Need to get more composure and tighter at the back. Good left back will help with that.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:09 am  
We seem to commit both full backs forward at the same time, doing that will always leave you open to the counter and to switches in play to the back post. How many times have we conceded a goal like their equaliser since Marche came in?
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:14 am  
I agree.
bielsa was wide open in the centre of the pitch. embarrassingly so.
marsch open behind the full backs
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:45 am  
I`ve said it before and it keeps happening time and again.
Whilst I enjoy the pressing game as an opponent it is so easy to play against.
A simple ball over the top will undo us every time and because our backline is sluggish they cannot get back to prevent the attack.
We quite often are faced with 2 or 3 of their attackers against 2 of our defenders.
This is something that needs fixing as like Bielsa other teams are finding us out.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:03 pm  
good points.
on another note is it acceptable for a referee in an U7s game to vault the rope and threaten to batter a gobby dad all around the park? have to be dragged off him?

asking for a friend....
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:13 pm  
Said gobby dad should have a word with himself and remember it's U7s, the result means absolutely nothing and shouldn't do either.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:50 pm  
they aare nightmare seth. his team, my grandsons team, lost for the first time and apparently it was my fault. came at me mouthing off, and threw a punch. bloody stupid.
he came off worse. I did lose it I must admit. but that's it. reffed for 30 years, give my time for free every sunday but thats me finished
PreviousNext