FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dan Murray
Dan Murray : Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:31 am  
By all accounts released by the club to take up an opportunity at Widnes.

I know his form at the back end of the season was not great(He was not the only one) and he seems to be on the fringes this season but you have to feel he should have been given an opportunity to regain his form. Losing size from a pack that gets outmuscled in most games does not fill me with confidence unless we have a replacement lined up.
Re: Dan Murray : Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:37 am  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
By all accounts released by the club to take up an opportunity at Widnes.

I know his form at the back end of the season was not great(He was not the only one) and he seems to be on the fringes this season but you have to feel he should have been given an opportunity to regain his form. Losing size from a pack that gets outmuscled in most games does not fill me with confidence unless we have a replacement lined up.


Yes I had heard the same. I think he was very disappointing last season after a very strong one the year before. Whilst I agree you wouldn't want to lose size from the pack, he hasn't really added any muscle in either attack or defence of late. Either way we are pretty short on numbers and you'd hope we have something planned to deal with this before the league season kicks off.
Re: Dan Murray : Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:03 pm  
Yes, i agree with both the above posts. Disappointing but let's see who comes in as a replacement.
Re: Dan Murray : Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:30 pm  
No great loss...our pack has needed a massive restructure for ages.Will take time but hopefully Finny will get the right balance eventually....
Re: Dan Murray : Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:56 pm  
Did we not just sign a prop from Leeds
Re: Dan Murray : Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:17 pm  
Not a world beater but a good solid reliable prop who always gave his all and rarely made mistakes or gave away stupid penalties. As others have said I'll reserve judgement until I see who if anyone, we get to replace him, but my initial feeling is disappointment at losing a good servant to the club who should just be coming into his prime.
Re: Dan Murray : Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:30 pm  
Dan is a good lad to have around the club but i have to judge his performances on the pitch. When you compare his form last season with the year before there was a drop off not just from him a number of players lost form so for me as long as we have someone better lined up i think this is best for both parties.
Re: Dan Murray : Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:34 am  
Dan is a shadow of the player compared to when he first came on DR from Salford, and has gradually gone backwards each season. Did very well at first but times move on, that's life!
Re: Dan Murray : Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:57 am  
Tony Fax wrote:
Dan is a shadow of the player compared to when he first came on DR from Salford, and has gradually gone backwards each season. Did very well at first but times move on, that's life!

Agreed...that's three,Maher/Moore, of the forwards I wouldnt have had under 2024 contract that Finny's shifted.Finding the right ones in replacement is obviously the issue...
Re: Dan Murray : Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:30 pm  
Miserybusiness wrote:
Agreed...that's three,Maher/Moore, of the forwards I wouldnt have had under 2024 contract that Finny's shifted.Finding the right ones in replacement is obviously the issue...

True, which raises questions about Simon Grix's judgment.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hudd-Shay and 157 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Halifax Panthers