FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - University fiasco ?
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: University fiasco ? : Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:07 pm  
Better to get it now rather than in December when they will going home and sending Granny to Dignitas!!
Re: University fiasco ? : Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:10 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Surely if they are only infecting each other then its a good thing if the incidence of re-infection is miniscule - herd immunity?

Most of these have mild or no symptoms at all
.

Fortunate then that they are only infecting each other. Could bee that they only hVe student virus which only affects other students.

I guess the security guards cleaners lecturers and shop workers all got a different strain of non student Covid
Re: University fiasco ? : Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:19 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Better to get it now rather than in December when they will going home and sending Granny to Dignitas!!


Last April/May you were telling me your parents wouldn't if they died as long as the young people carried on and it was good for the economy.

Then again, as long as Granny has the power of positivity I'm sure she will be ok?
Re: University fiasco ? : Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:02 pm  
Durham Giant wrote:
.

Fortunate then that they are only infecting each other. Could bee that they only hVe student virus which only affects other students.

I guess the security guards cleaners lecturers and shop workers all got a different strain of non student Covid


Not to mention parents or grandparents who they will return to and who may just want to see their family at some point.
Maybe we should put barbed wire and a few land mines around each Uni, to keep the students safe. After all, they're already locked in their cells, sorry, I mean bedrooms. :CRAZY:
Re: University fiasco ? : Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:08 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
.

Fortunate then that they are only infecting each other. Could bee that they only hVe student virus which only affects other students.

I guess the security guards cleaners lecturers and shop workers all got a different strain of non student Covid


Doubt there will be many cleaners in student accomodation - nor many shop workers?
Re: University fiasco ? : Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:39 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Doubt there will be many cleaners in student accomodation - nor many shop workers?


There are some cleaners, which depends on how much students are paying for their hall of residence. There won't be any shop workers as such, but stuff is being delivered to students who are self isolating. Cannot tell you who by, though.
Re: University fiasco ? : Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Better to get it now rather than in December when they will going home and sending Granny to Dignitas!!


There may well be some logic to that happening. The Christmas holidays aren't going to be an easy relaxing time for folk due to many different reasons.
Re: University fiasco ? : Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:01 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
There are some cleaners, which depends on how much students are paying for their hall of residence. There won't be any shop workers as such, but stuff is being delivered to students who are self isolating. Cannot tell you who by, though.


The world has certainly changed since my youth and that of my children - they certainly would have developed immunity to most things given their living arrangements :D

Within a month most students will have been exposed to the virus and with not be able to pass it on - let them crack on. Rates in Leeds are already on the decline
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin