FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Missing blonde gentleman
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:00 pm  
Half term was a week - so kids would have missed at least another two weeks, even Starmer had to admit that schools would have had to close for more than the week - that is if the lockdown/breaker had actually worked. If not they could have off school again for months.

This isn't about what is best for the population it is about what is best for the NHS - simple as.

If the schools close will teachers be getting 80% like everyone else - that might concentrate some minds!!
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:55 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Half term was a week - so kids would have missed at least another two weeks, even Starmer had to admit that schools would have had to close for more than the week - that is if the lockdown/breaker had actually worked. If not they could have off school again for months.

This isn't about what is best for the population it is about what is best for the NHS - simple as.

If the schools close will teachers be getting 80% like everyone else - that might concentrate some minds!!


Don't be silly, like the DWP staff and HMRC staff, offices closed but still on full pay (don't even get me started on the pensions that you and I could only ever dream of), all the LA staff, the list is endless. But the socialist idiots still think the pocket can become ever deeper. And you and I will end up paying for it, and them, and their work shy offspring.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:26 am  
WestEndThinker wrote:
Don't be silly, like the DWP staff and HMRC staff, offices closed but still on full pay (don't even get me started on the pensions that you and I could only ever dream of), all the LA staff, the list is endless. But the socialist idiots still think the pocket can become ever deeper. And you and I will end up paying for it, and them, and their work shy offspring.


Sounds like the politics of envy, to me.

Maybe they are on full pay because, you know, they are working from home? The clue is in the name - WORKING from home. I've been working from home since March. My Mac at home is set up identically to my Mac at work, and the two are fully synced with Google G Suite. I could go and work in the Bahamas if I wanted to.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:30 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
If the schools close will teachers be getting 80% like everyone else - that might concentrate some minds!!


I'd imagine they'd be on full pay considering they will be teaching whatever happens. Our trust has a system in place to cover classroom based learning, blended learning and online learning. Get with the times, Sal. Your little fantasy of teachers sat at home watching Cash in the Attic is just an illusion in your own head.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman4 : Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:36 am  
King Street Cat wrote:
Sounds like the politics of envy, to me.

Maybe they are on full pay because, you know, they are working from home? The clue is in the name - WORKING from home. I've been working from home since March. My Mac at home is set up identically to my Mac at work, and the two are fully synced with Google G Suite. I could go and work in the Bahamas if I wanted to.

They are not WORKING at all, have you tried contacting them?

No, you just spout usual garbage, and I hope you do go to the Bahamas, and lose internet connection.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 am  
King Street Cat wrote:
I'd imagine they'd be on full pay considering they will be teaching whatever happens. Our trust has a system in place to cover classroom based learning, blended learning and online learning. Get with the times, Sal. Your little fantasy of teachers sat at home watching Cash in the Attic is just an illusion in your own head.


Even you admitted it - even through gritted teeth - they weren't working anything like they were when the schools were open. I think its a fantasy in your head that they are. The kids were getting 6 hours a week - compared to 6 hours a day so 20% even you can put 2+2 together and get 4?
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:52 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Even you admitted it - even through gritted teeth - they weren't working anything like they were when the schools were open. I think its a fantasy in your head that they are. The kids were getting 6 hours a week - compared to 6 hours a day so 20% even you can put 2+2 together and get 4?

Don't be silly, he can't even understand the reality of other people's direct experience, he'd have 80% income tax on anyone who earns above 20K
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:32 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Half term was a week - so kids would have missed at least another two weeks, even Starmer had to admit that schools would have had to close for more than the week - that is if the lockdown/breaker had actually worked. If not they could have off school again for months.

This isn't about what is best for the population it is about what is best for the NHS - simple as.

If the schools close will teachers be getting 80% like everyone else - that might concentrate some minds!!


So, do you think that schools will function anything close to normality, either in terms of the curriculum on offer or, in relation to the number of kids attending and staff, able to work as normal ?
Why do you choose to single teachers out here, is it because, we all now appreciate the work done by the NHS and they are the next "easy target".
For many people, working from home, is a much easier option.
Where working from home is an option, the diligent ones, still put in a shift and make a good contribution for their employer but, lets not pretend that everyone working from home offers the same output as they do in the workplace.

It does seem to be accepted that teenage pupils and those approaching sixth form / uni, do indeed carry and pass on the virus and much as it doesn't suit your agenda, consideration should be given to teachers and pupils alike.

Just take a peek at the absentee numbers if you need to know anything else

However your "solution" is to insist that all schools carry on as "normal" regardless of the consequence.

You should probably take issue with your local MP and the government as to why, having agreed to fund some tech for kids that dont have any, they then slashed this agreed budget by 80% but, dont let this stop you with your tirade against the teaching profession.
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:45 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
Blonde aged gentlemen released from hospital after Covid scare and recently married With a new baby apparently being caught, “ fiddling ‘ and playing bolero with a a 28 year old concert violinist.


Blonde gentlemen’s new wife not very happy and that is why he he has not been seen in public for a while.


No names are shared whilst an application for a super injunction is being heard


Do you know what became of this case?
Re: Missing blonde gentleman : Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:57 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
So, do you think that schools will function anything close to normality, either in terms of the curriculum on offer or, in relation to the number of kids attending and staff, able to work as normal ?
Why do you choose to single teachers out here, is it because, we all now appreciate the work done by the NHS and they are the next "easy target".
For many people, working from home, is a much easier option.
Where working from home is an option, the diligent ones, still put in a shift and make a good contribution for their employer but, lets not pretend that everyone working from home offers the same output as they do in the workplace.

It does seem to be accepted that teenage pupils and those approaching sixth form / uni, do indeed carry and pass on the virus and much as it doesn't suit your agenda, consideration should be given to teachers and pupils alike.

Just take a peek at the absentee numbers if you need to know anything else

However your "solution" is to insist that all schools carry on as "normal" regardless of the consequence.

You should probably take issue with your local MP and the government as to why, having agreed to fund some tech for kids that dont have any, they then slashed this agreed budget by 80% but, dont let this stop you with your tirade against the teaching profession.


Commercial businesses fund themselves it is very likely that if there isn't the work then the commercial business will reduce the headcount. Most businesses have seen improvements in personnel working from home.

It seems to me most teachers are catching it from each other because the wont stay in their bubbles? School attendance is c88% not sure what a normal attendance would be c95%? How many kids are not allowed back because their parents are keeping them off school?

There are plenty of working environments where people are at risk yet they are continuing - why are teachers always the first to cry wolf!!

Teaching seems completely the opposite and they seem the only group wanting their place of work closed - but they also want 100% pay - go figure.

If the syllabus is the same for each exam board surely you can have the same on line lesson for all schools - Macbeth is the same no matter which school you go to - the text doesn't change.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin