FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - World-beating test and trace system
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:12 am  
Sal Paradise wrote:
Leeds is tier 2?


My apologies, I know that a pal of mine had to withdraw from watching games in our boozer a few weeks ago and I thought you were a level up on Wakefield.
It seems we are in the same "league" after all. The point still stands though.
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:53 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
My apologies, I know that a pal of mine had to withdraw from watching games in our boozer a few weeks ago and I thought you were a level up on Wakefield.
It seems we are in the same "league" after all. The point still stands though.


The spike in cases in Leeds was in areas mostly occupied by students e.g. central, Hyde Park it is no surprise two weeks later the rate is falling and hospital admissions have remained stable. Leeds centre was already very quiet so tier 2 has had very limited impact on reducing the virus as there has been tiny changes in behaviour
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:21 pm  
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:56 am  
I would now question whether the expensive privatised testing system is even safe. I went for a drive in test in a supermarket car park a few months ago and was not asked about medication I was on. Got the usual nose and throat swabs, Yesterday went to an exercise class run by NHS staff. In view of medications some of us were on, they only swabbed our throats as they said nasal swabs were potentially too risky in a sports centre setting, without medical backup.
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:00 am  
I read yesterday that Boris’ latest ‘Moonshot’ testing programme is going to cost a staggering £43 billion, being more than annual transport and policing budgets combined (although that was on Twitter, so the figure may be suspect). As things stand, it will apparently be a waste of money as only c. 5 per cent of people with positive tests are isolating. If true, the whole thing is dangerous farce that will be used as a basis for cutting all public services in future.
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm  
Dally wrote:
I read yesterday that Boris’ latest ‘Moonshot’ testing programme is going to cost a staggering £43 billion, being more than annual transport and policing budgets combined (although that was on Twitter, so the figure may be suspect). As things stand, it will apparently be a waste of money as only c. 5 per cent of people with positive tests are isolating. If true, the whole thing is dangerous farce that will be used as a basis for cutting all public services in future.


Without an effective testing system (and hopefully an effective vaccine), "we" will be creating a fiscal deficit which will be so bloody large that all public services will be under threat anyway.
The huge lift in public spending, coupled with massively falling tax receipts are going to leave one hell of a shortfall.

Remember, we haven't had a budget this year and it's still spend, spend, spend but, we all know that this will have to be paid down at some point and it will be interesting to see just where the tax increases come.

There was a triple lock on NI vat and Income tax, which doesnt leave a whole lot of wiggle room.
The loss of tax benefits on pension contributions will be the first "grab". but, there will need to be some extremely radical increases somewhere.
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:50 pm  
What gets me with the track and trace app, is why I don't have to sign out from somewhere.

I go to Asda at 9am and scan the QR code.
I then go to 6 other places that day and don't scan the code.

How does that track and trace me, or others, if there is a positive covid test?
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:10 pm  
You actually do need to cancel the visit on the app because if you don’t it assumes you are still in Asda.
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:45 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
You actually do need to cancel the visit on the app because if you don’t it assumes you are still in Asda.


The check-in stays active until midnight or until you check-in elsewhere does it not?
Re: World-beating test and trace system : Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:25 pm  
No I think you can hit the cancel button
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 202 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin