FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - World Cup
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:49 pm  
Over the 80, Samoa the better side, but England really let that one go with some terrible errors, real lack of brains. Intercept, Youngs dropped catch, Whitehead offload and then two big errors in golden point.
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:50 pm  
I'll definitely be cheering Samoa on next week at Old Trafford.
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:52 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Over the 80, Samoa the better side, but England really let that one go with some terrible errors, real lack of brains. Intercept, Youngs dropped catch, Whitehead offload and then two big errors in golden point.

It was just errors galore. Every time we got back into the game they contrived to go behind again.
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:56 pm  
Too many average players, I know we had a few injuries and depth is poor compared to Aus, but if Micky Mac is our best hooker then we will never beat them.
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:02 pm  
Two outstanding semi's though, thought Sao played really well, full game in the backrow, definitely an option for us next year.
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:27 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
Two outstanding semi's though, thought Sao played really well, full game in the backrow, definitely an option for us next year.

Two cracking semi's after qualifying group non-events.
Sao has been steady but had his best game of the tournament today.
Welsby is never a 6.
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:41 pm  
Good game. Both teams got stuck in. Best team won. For me still to many old timers in the team. Tompkins Mac the 2 who stand out as passed it. Put welsby FB and Sneyd in the halfs we might have won today. Tight games and Sneyd kicking would have been useful. Best team won though
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:14 pm  
Sao had a great game today really hope we use him in the second row next year he looked a natural. He was a makeshift at first but he's grown into the role and his try today in such company was first class. I imagine he could never have dreamed at the start of the season that he would be playing in a World Cup final in November. So pleased for him and well done to him!!!!
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:24 pm  
hull2524 wrote:
Good game. Both teams got stuck in. Best team won. For me still to many old timers in the team. Tompkins Mac the 2 who stand out as passed it. Put welsby FB and Sneyd in the halfs we might have won today. Tight games and Sneyd kicking would have been useful. Best team won though

I know you rate Sneyd, but he really wouldn't have made a difference today.
It's easy to blame Welsby, he had an awful game but he was always more likely to make a game breaking play than Sneyd would have. IMHO

We lost today because we didn't execute the game plan and too many senior pro's didn't turn up at key points in the game. You just can't bomb so many chances and expect to win.

Right edge was horrible, Bateman and Watkins needed to look after Welsby and Young, completely left them out to dry.

Wane really made an error with McIlorum, you surely can't have an International hooker where 80% of their distribution is too high, behind the player or almost on the floor.
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:06 pm  
I’m a big Sneyd fan but he
Wasn’t the answer . Samoa or Australia
would have run over the top of him.
Biggest factor for me was attitude.
Just a few week ago they’d hammered Samoa , they fell into a trap of thinking we can do this again without putting the effort in.
Massive disappointment.
Got to say Ryan Hall in place of Dom young might have tightened up our edge.
Watkins looked like he was carrying an injury too.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC