RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping List 2023
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:48 pm  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
Clifford and Trueman are under contract for the next 2 years so unless something changes we won't need a half back.

McQueen will be 37 next year.

37 but still faster than anything we have in the forwards
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:11 pm  
Imagine the meltdown if we signed a 37/38 year old aussie SR.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:41 pm  
Mcqueen ripped it up last season and think he will again

17 trys last season for a 2nd row is an incredible stat doubt many have bettered that
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:52 am  
Thetalentboy wrote:
"Not many names pop out" wow

Not The man of Steel brodie croft or best 2nd row last season Chris mcqueen :CRAZY: :lol:

Interesting apart from likes of satae, savelio, dwyer and possibly swift and sao don't think I'd keep many of the others as it stands

The fact you haven't mentioned Brown shows how much you watch Hull. Should be the first one renewed as potential to be a top SL forward for the next 10 years.

Signing a 37 year old would be madness and as good as Croft is we shouldn't be spending marquee wages on a position we have quality in and alot of cap space.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:17 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
The fact you haven't mentioned Brown shows how much you watch Hull. Should be the first one renewed as potential to be a top SL forward for the next 10 years.

Signing a 37 year old would be madness and as good as Croft is we shouldn't be spending marquee wages on a position we have quality in and alot of cap space.

Signing one of the best players last season would be "madness" :CRAZY: :lol:

As gareth ellis and steve menzies showed age is irrelevant if you look after yourself

And judging the speed mcqueen is for such a big guy he looks after himself aswell

I missed Brown he would get a deal
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:08 pm  
Thetalentboy wrote:
Signing one of the best players last season would be "madness" :CRAZY: :lol:

As gareth ellis and steve menzies showed age is irrelevant if you look after yourself

And judging the speed mcqueen is for such a big guy he looks after himself aswell

I missed Brown he would get a deal

He played well I 2022, but to sign him for 2024 would be crazy, injuries will take the toll, look at Manu and Mini. Can't compare Mcqueen with Ellis and Minnie's, both world class players, McQueen has never been in their league.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:38 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
He played well I 2022, but to sign him for 2024 would be crazy, injuries will take the toll, look at Manu and Mini. Can't compare Mcqueen with Ellis and Minnie's, both world class players, McQueen has never been in their league.

McQueen is an England International :wink:
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:46 pm  
Dave K. wrote:

Mcqueen is no mug though played 6 times for queensland

Minnie as in menzies or minichello ? If you mean minichello mcqueen 100% better than him

Menzies better no doubt though
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:27 pm  
Thetalentboy wrote:

Minnie as in menzies or minichello ? If you mean minichello mcqueen 100% better than him

If we signed him it would be almost a decade since he played SOO.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:06 am  
Thetalentboy wrote:

Sorry meant Menzies, but thinking about it, id have peak Mini (2016/17) over 2022 Mcqueen, decent player who scored a lot of trys, but think Mini was overall a better player.

No one is saying Mcqueen is a mug, he is a good SL player, but to sign him for the 2024 season at his age would be a big gamble, why do you think Hudds only gave him a 1 year deal?
PreviousNext