RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 1895 Cup
Re: 1895 Cup : Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:37 pm  
newcat wrote:
Aren’t the first round of Championship fixtures in mid March? The early rounds of the challenge cup are in February / early March?

The date I was told was mid March. Probably something unexpected too.
Last edited by Trojan Horse on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: 1895 Cup : Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:08 pm  
The first CC rounds are interspersed between the 1895 weeks.
Re: 1895 Cup : Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:04 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
The Championship season opener will surely be home v Featherstone or Bradford.

Surprise surprise.
Re: 1895 Cup : Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:09 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
Surprise surprise.

No surprise.

As I said something unexpected and I was referring to it being a Friday night fixture. Most will have expected a Sunday game.
Re: 1895 Cup : Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:23 pm  
Trojan Horse wrote:
No surprise.

As I said something unexpected and I was referring to it being a Friday night fixture. Most will have expected a Sunday game.

Why would anyone have expected a Sunday game, when Ellis is on record as saying he wanted a night game for the season opener?
Re: 1895 Cup : Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:30 pm  
dboy wrote:
Why would anyone have expected a Sunday game, when Ellis is on record as saying he wanted a night game for the season opener?

I must have missed that or hadn’t recalled it being said in an interview. Most people would have expected a Sunday game and some of the comments about the fixture indicate that too on social media. All the other fixtures are on Sunday as expected, Friday is out of the expected.
Previous

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity