FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens Women 2 - 0 York Valkyrie LIVE ON BBC LIVE STREAM Latest
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stadium and other issues
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:07 pm  
I'm 6'4" but "Big Bob" also stands with us and he is 6'9" so he would definitely struggle :shock: :shock:
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:23 am  
wonder what will happen to the bar at the back. hope they keep it. ( my son put that up ) use it every home game :)
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:20 am  
Wakeywakeywakey wrote:
wonder what will happen to the bar at the back. hope they keep it. ( my son put that up ) use it every home game :)

I don’t think the north stand will be finished in one go tbh. The bare bones will be ready but the refinements will be added later, not much later.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:41 am  
vastman wrote:
I don’t think the north stand will be finished in one go tbh. The bare bones will be ready but the refinements will be added later, not much later.

Are there plans to raise the roof (I'm not talking about if we beat Cas or Leeds :D )
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:50 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Are there plans to raise the roof (I'm not talking about if we beat Cas or Leeds :D )

Long term with this system there is scope to do that and also remove the current supports, but as ever it cost a decent amount to do that with much ROI.

It certainley looks more substantial that I envisaged when I saw the revised plans. It also seems a way forward to enhance the view form the West Terrace too.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:30 am  
FIL wrote:
I'm 6'4" but "Big Bob" also stands with us and he is 6'9" so he would definitely struggle :shock: :shock:

Show offs... :roll:
So you're not short ar*es after all - but long streaks of pi*s! :lol:
Hopefully I will be able to see the pitch over you both from the Upper North Stand.... :P
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:22 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Long term with this system there is scope to do that and also remove the current supports, but as ever it cost a decent amount to do that with much ROI.

It certainley looks more substantial that I envisaged when I saw the revised plans. It also seems a way forward to enhance the view form the West Terrace too.

At the risk of asking a daft question, will supporters (especially the taller ones) still be able to stand at the back or, will there be some lost capacity.
It may be that those pictures are deceptive and that there is more room than there appears ?
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:42 pm  
The new terracing only stretches so far and not the whole extent of the existing terracing so there is a void to the rear. This will not be accessible.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:52 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
At the risk of asking a daft question, will supporters (especially the taller ones) still be able to stand at the back or, will there be some lost capacity.
It may be that those pictures are deceptive and that there is more room than there appears ?

The equation is straight forward.

Because the rise of modern terracing is much steeper, giving a vastly improved viewing experience, it will end up shorter but the same height at the back, see my crude drawing. There is in fact an increase in capacity despite the last third of the upper terrace being made redundant as the new terrace is far safer and can hold far more.

At some point in the future we cud carry the terracing right up to the top, but then we would definitely need a new roof. This extra capacity is not yet needed, but is available should it ever be.

Hope this helps

This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: Stadium and other issues : Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:03 pm  
Hull fan here. Always a great atmosphere at your stadium and pleased for you the improvements are well underway.

First game for me was the Sterling/Lewis game in 83.
PreviousNext