FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stadium and other issues
Re: Stadium and other issues : Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:18 pm  
If they aren’t going to be policed then they are an absolute waste of time as the scroats will descend like vultures when the hear the game kick off and absolutely no one will risk their bikes no matter how good a lock they have .Like a lot of things that planners insist on to get the green credentials for planning then disappear without a trace
Re: Stadium and other issues : Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:54 pm  
Image

West Stand blue print right there. Terracing rather than seats to boost capacity but seats would look smart too.
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: Stadium and other issues : Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:20 pm  
Khlav Kalash wrote:
Image

West Stand blue print right there. Terracing rather than seats to boost capacity but seats would look smart too.

What a cracking little stadium York has, last time I saw it it was just a lump of concrete rising up from the ground, but hats off to them and yes Khlav that would be the icing on the cake at BV if that was the finished product :thumb:
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: Stadium and other issues : Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:25 pm  
Big lads mate wrote:
What a cracking little stadium York has, last time I saw it it was just a lump of concrete rising up from the ground, but hats off to them and yes Khlav that would be the icing on the cake at BV if that was the finished product :thumb:


Agreed.
Very smart and decent facilities.

We'd struggle to get permission for a copy of their West Stand for our Western Terrace, purely on the height restrictions, although, we did used to have a stand on that side.
It would be great to be able to extend the roof but, the terracing needs "lifting" too. Away fans complain that it's too low down on that side.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:33 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Agreed.
Very smart and decent facilities.

We'd struggle to get permission for a copy of their West Stand for our Western Terrace, purely on the height restrictions, although, we did used to have a stand on that side.
It would be great to be able to extend the roof but, the terracing needs "lifting" too. Away fans complain that it's too low down on that side.


Finance permitting, I don’t think we’d have any problem getting planning permission for a stand similar to that.
Judging from Matt Ellis’s comments though he’s got something a bit more involved in mind
Re: Stadium and other issues : Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:00 pm  
I'm really impressed with York's stadium.
Much as I like our new stand, I'd quite like 4 or at least 3 sides like theirs.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:37 pm  
PopTart wrote:
I'm really impressed with York's stadium.
Much as I like our new stand, I'd quite like 4 or at least 3 sides like theirs.


Three would be OK - I still want to stand on the North........... :)
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:41 am  
BarnsleyGull wrote:
Three would be OK - I still want to stand on the North........... :)


Me too. Was frozen sat in those seats on Sunday with the only movement being when blokes in the same row need to get up for a pee or some dick responds to that "stand up" chant and you have to move to tell the guys in front to sit down.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:11 am  
The Avenger wrote:
Finance permitting, I don’t think we’d have any problem getting planning permission for a stand similar to that.
Judging from Matt Ellis’s comments though he’s got something a bit more involved in mind


Anything close to the quality of the stand at York on the "western terrace" would be amazing.
I'm still getting over the quality of the "Neil Fox" stand, it was like being at a different ground for the Wigan game.
Re: Stadium and other issues : Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:53 am  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
Me too. Was frozen sat in those seats on Sunday with the only movement being when blokes in the same row need to get up for a pee or some dick responds to that "stand up" chant and you have to move to tell the guys in front to sit down.


Ketty sat on you row then Wollo??
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 147 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity