That looks pretty good Waki

Add in that Murphy and Hall have lifted themselves to first team regulars
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:07 am  
imwakefieldtillidie wrote:
Great signing. Always liked him I have.

Jeez, you turn quicker than milk! :lol:
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:38 pm  
WakiWaki wrote:
So far this off season I see the following players left and their replacements.

Atoni - Fifita
Proctor - Batchelor
Eseh - Aydin
Smith - Milky
Bowden - Tini
Taufua - TJ
Langi - Tupou

We’ve definitely had a freshen up of the squad and the replacements look at least on paper like they can fill the voids left

Of those the one that stands out is Eseh, Aydin was never the prospect Eseh is and I do rate Aydin, but I know who I’d prefer by quite some margin.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:22 pm  
vastman wrote:
WakiWaki wrote:
So far this off season I see the following players left and their replacements.

Atoni - Fifita
Proctor - Batchelor
Eseh - Aydin
Smith - Milky
Bowden - Tini
Taufua - TJ
Langi - Tupou

We’ve definitely had a freshen up of the squad and the replacements look at least on paper like they can fill the voids left

Of those the one that stands out is Eseh, Aydin was never the prospect Eseh is and I do rate Aydin, but I know who I’d prefer by quite some margin.

Aydin will make a solid SL player but he has his limitations. His metres after contact aren’t great and defensively he can leave gaps and not close out. He will certainly be a solid SL player and one who will probably thrive in his late 20s.

Eseh has that offload, size and strength. If he works hard and continues to grow and learn he could be very good. I expect this to be his breakthrough season and see him come off the bench for 10-15 games or so.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:29 am  
Looking at the squad I think maybe one more prop (You can never have too many props) and Possibly another utility back who can cover Full back (I know we have Max and Gaskell but I don't really see any other options) and I will be happy.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:59 am  
Matthew Shaw reporting Croft and Shaw have left the club.

"Jack Croft and Isaac Shaw have left Wakefield Trinity. But the pair are now in limbo as compensation rules mean they are highly unlikely to find new clubs within the RFL league structure."
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:12 am  
TimmySmith wrote:
Matthew Shaw reporting Croft and Shaw have left the club.

"Jack Croft and Isaac Shaw have left Wakefield Trinity. But the pair are now in limbo as compensation rules mean they are highly unlikely to find new clubs within the RFL league structure."

Sad but not the result of anything the club did.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:40 am  
The club will be required to pay both players for 1 and 2 years.
The players are in limbo.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:49 am  
lampyboy wrote:
The club will be required to pay both players for 1 and 2 years.
The players are in limbo.

Can anyone on here explain what that means. If Trinity have not renewed an expired contract, or is it the club have not improved an existing contract which both players have rejected. It’s impossible to make comments about this without knowing the facts.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 : Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:49 am  
Surely the club could waive any fee so the 2 players can move on with their careers…..assuming the players agreed to it too.

I understand the reason behind the rule however I don’t see the club being too happy to pay 3 years wages out, which will be a minimum of £45k (3 x £15k) with no realistic potential for any return.
PreviousNext