RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status
IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:26 am  

IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status
Seven Betfred Super League clubs have been awarded Grade A status in the indicative phase of the new club grading process that is being introduced as part of Rugby League Commercial and IMG's ‘Reimagining Rugby League' strategy.

Leeds Rhinos lead the way, following detailed analysis of every club's performance under five pillars – On-Field Performance, Fandom, Finances, Stadium and Community.

But they are run very close by three other clubs with Wigan Warriors, St Helens and Catalans Dragons all close behind.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...

IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status
Seven Betfred Super League clubs have been awarded Grade A status in the indicative phase of the new club grading process that is being introduced as part of Rugby League Commercial and IMG's ‘Reimagining Rugby League' strategy.

Leeds Rhinos lead the way, following detailed analysis of every club's performance under five pillars – On-Field Performance, Fandom, Finances, Stadium and Community.

But they are run very close by three other clubs with Wigan Warriors, St Helens and Catalans Dragons all close behind.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:22 am  
I'd say the B grades are where the story is here.
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:44 am  
Cas fans are incandescent with rage, by all accounts.
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:02 pm  
Just been looking at the winners & losers.

This season, I'd say the winners are Wigan & Leigh. :o :lol:
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:10 pm  
FlexWheeler wrote:
Cas fans are incandescent with rage, by all accounts.

Fuming that IMG can see right through "we promise we'll build a new ground if you give us a license, honest?"
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:07 pm  
Steve0 wrote:
Fuming that IMG can see right through "we promise we'll build a new ground if you give us a license, honest?"

In reality stadium scores are only a pretty small part of the overall rankings.
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:12 pm  
MjM wrote:
In reality stadium scores are only a pretty small part of the overall rankings.

Cas havent offered much on the field either in recent years (nor have Hull before any shouts up) and while crowds are impressive given the size of the town theres little chance of growth.
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:15 pm  
Speaking entirely neutrally, I think based on those gradings we should expand SL to 14 teams. I have not in any way seen where Bradford rank and I refute any suggestions otherwise.
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:17 pm  
Cas haven’t really offered much of anything in general, in recent years. They had a few good years on the field under Powell, but won nothing. The facilities are a constant issue, they’re one of the only super league clubs that haven’t properly upgraded in some capacity. You’re still looking at the same facilities that Frano Botica and Sean Edwards used to grace.

No doubt some Cas fan will pipe up though because the bog walls have been repainted a few times since.
Re: IMG Give Seven Clubs Grade A Status : Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:44 pm  
Cas won the LLS by a then record 10 points in 2017 under Powell.
Next