FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2023 IN | Luke Hooley - Expires: 2024
Re: 2023 IN | Luke Hooley - Expires: 2024 : Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:12 pm  
Have to agree with Vastman here as having seen him play 4 times now he looks a reasonably good championship player but not SL level yet.
However if Smith sees something in him then so be it.
To me it doesn`t make sense unless Zak is moving on and even then he is not going to be ready to step up for some time.
Whilst Vastman states he has no pace that`s not my opinion as he looked to have pace but little in defence.
Re: 2023 IN | Luke Hooley - Expires: 2024 : Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:39 pm  
Nobody's expecting him to go straight into the first team so there's no real connection to Hardaker in this signing. Walker though...
Re: 2023 IN | Luke Hooley - Expires: 2024 : Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:31 am  
chapylad wrote:
Have to agree with Vastman here as having seen him play 4 times now he looks a reasonably good championship player but not SL level yet.
However if Smith sees something in him then so be it.
To me it doesn`t make sense unless Zak is moving on and even then he is not going to be ready to step up for some time.
Whilst Vastman states he has no pace that`s not my opinion as he looked to have pace but little in defence.

He may have picked up some pace, it can go that way some times. I don't want to knock him because I know he had a top class attitude whilst at Trinity. Late bloomer.
Re: 2023 IN | Luke Hooley - Expires: 2024 : Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:30 am  
It feels to me like we're building a really strong reserve grade team. Most signings so far won't be playing week in week out, and it seems like they're giving opportunities based on getting them into our system and then seeing if they can compete with first team counterparts without the pressure of being in the 17. That even includes Sangare. He seemed to do well at Toulouse, but wasn't even their best prop.

It seems like a commitment from the club to be on top in all levels of comp, from academy, through to reserves and first team.

The short term issue is that it will take a while for that success to filter through to the first team.
Previous