FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit disaster
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:59 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
The exchange rate is a red herring - the pound vs euro is roughly in line with where it was at the time of exit - it is in fact strengthening.

But the GBP/USD rate is the much more important one and that has absolutely tanked since the referendum - and was already lower than it would have been due to the uncertainty leading up to it.
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:22 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
The exchange rate is a red herring - the pound vs euro is roughly in line with where it was at the time of exit - it is in fact strengthening. It looks like the Eu is very weak against both the £ and US$

I would agree about the lack of strategy though


The rate before the results was about €1.31 to the pound but when the results came at it dropped and never returned to anything like this rate since. It is increasing because the Bank of England has indicated that they may increase the interest rate by 0.5% at the next review.
Re: Brexit disaster : Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:32 pm  
Sal Paradise wrote:
The exchange rate is a red herring - the pound vs euro is roughly in line with where it was at the time of exit - it is in fact strengthening. It looks like the Eu is very weak against both the £ and US$

I would agree about the lack of strategy though


Both the £ and the Euro have dropped significantly against the USD in recent times and based on historical levels, the £ is not doing so great either. Although the £ has gained some ground from a few years ago, when it was worth just over 1 Euro. If you go back 10 years or so, the Pound would buy you 1.45 Euros (compared to just under 1.20 at present.
Versus the dollar, we have gone rom $1.70 down to around $1.20, having never recovered its value since Brexit - granted there have been one or two "rallies" in the value but, this is the main reason for the cost of imports getting more and more expansive, with many commodities being purchased in US dollars.
Since the referendum the Pound and Euro have followed a similar path.
It's the red tape and bureaucracy that have been the worst problem.
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 am  
The problems at dover show it was the right decision to leave. The french cant be trusted and have proved that by causing this trouble.


As for economy have none of you noticed this covid pandemic it is global idiots. If it was raining you remoanera would blame brexit.
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:36 am  
Craig_David wrote:
The problems at dover show it was the right decision to leave. The french cant be trusted and have proved that by causing this trouble.

LOL you've not fallen for that line have you :lol:
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:44 am  
Craig_David wrote:
The problems at dover show it was the right decision to leave. The french cant be trusted and have proved that by causing this trouble.


As for economy have none of you noticed this covid pandemic it is global idiots. If it was raining you remoanera would blame brexit.


Why do I think you are the reincarnation of a previous idiot who use to frequent the forum because I cannot believe there are two members who are so stupid.
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:23 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Why do I think you are the reincarnation of a previous idiot who use to frequent the forum because I cannot believe there are two members who are so stupid.


I no what I’m talking about unlike you.

Company I work for import scrap magnesium and magnesium ore and export machined magnesium strip.

Before Brexit we didn’t have no checks when sending to are customers in france and Italy. Now they want all these checks done on the paperwork and inspections. When we bring in scrap form Turkey and Bulgaria by truck we don’t have to do these checks it just comes in. We get the haulier you put it into computer when it arrive and it’s done. They are choosing to do all them checks to teach us a lesson!

The economy is a global issue because of pandemic too. Or do you think only England had covid?
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:49 pm  
I will assume you are not the usual subject and despite the questionable education I would point out that as part of the ready made deal signed by de Pfeffel it made us a third party country. This is what we wanted therefore all the previous benefits of free movement of goods and people ended. We are now treated as we were requested to be which requires lots of paperwork and passport checks which is exactly the same as the EU require for all countries.
The problem your business is suffering from is not the fault of anyone but de Pfeffel who was only interested in getting Brexit done at any cost and you are now incurring those costs.
What you are getting unsurprisingly confused by is that goods coming into the U.K. are not checked because we don’t have the necessary infrastructure and the government did not want to appear to be blocking imports and making Brexit look bad. This does of course leave the U.K. open to smuggling but eventually it will need to be closed and you will find the same problems both ways.
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:24 pm  
Craig_David wrote:
I no what I’m talking about unlike you.

Company I work for import scrap magnesium and magnesium ore and export machined magnesium strip.

Before Brexit we didn’t have no checks when sending to are customers in france and Italy. Now they want all these checks done on the paperwork and inspections. When we bring in scrap form Turkey and Bulgaria by truck we don’t have to do these checks it just comes in. We get the haulier you put it into computer when it arrive and it’s done. They are choosing to do all them checks to teach us a lesson!

You almost had me fooled until this post. Nice parody account bro, suspect there are a couple of genuine Quitters who'll believe you're a fellow traveller :CLAP:
Re: Brexit disaster : Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:31 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
What you are getting unsurprisingly confused by is that goods coming into the U.K. are not checked because we don’t have the necessary infrastructure and the government did not want to appear to be blocking imports and making Brexit look bad. This does of course leave the U.K. open to smuggling but eventually it will need to be closed and you will find the same problems both ways.

It's an interesting point about how much longer the UK can go on with this almost 'open borders' policy. The lunatic minority who have seized power in this country are constantly frothing at the mouth over a handful of people coming across in dingies but don't seem to care about the tens of thousands of uninspected lorries entering the country every day.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 119 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin