JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200518 years270th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 11:4720th Mar 24 14:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

In it together - Carl Hall : Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:20 am  
Caught this on YouTube last evening, it is yet to appear elsewhere at the time of me scribing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-Dj_An1kU

What i found fascinating was the explanation surrounding the access to the Executive area and the reason behind the payment for such access (done to death on here I appreciate) I was not aware that such a corporate requirement was part of the IMG findings during the whole new look into the future of the game sanctioned by the RFL. If this came out from the club then I must have missed it, and apologise in advance. Surely this message should have been made a lot more transparent to the fans at the time of the decision from the club to make an extra charge for access.
The comms from the club IMO are still sadly lacking when it come to issues that arouse such feelings and I just feel that they could have headed off a lot of the negativity by better communication.

The timing of this message from the CEO coincides with the season ticket deadline (no surprise) given that just short of 300 have been purchased.

I particularly liked the mention for expanding the game within the Doncaster area and in picking out Rossington I have a slight bias. Spent many a good Saturday afternoon on the Welfare watching the Hornets and the journey of some of the players who went onto represent the Towns RL club, Mark Roach, Ian Fletcher, Darren Summerill to name just a few. Cracking days.
Caught this on YouTube last evening, it is yet to appear elsewhere at the time of me scribing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-Dj_An1kU

What i found fascinating was the explanation surrounding the access to the Executive area and the reason behind the payment for such access (done to death on here I appreciate) I was not aware that such a corporate requirement was part of the IMG findings during the whole new look into the future of the game sanctioned by the RFL. If this came out from the club then I must have missed it, and apologise in advance. Surely this message should have been made a lot more transparent to the fans at the time of the decision from the club to make an extra charge for access.
The comms from the club IMO are still sadly lacking when it come to issues that arouse such feelings and I just feel that they could have headed off a lot of the negativity by better communication.

The timing of this message from the CEO coincides with the season ticket deadline (no surprise) given that just short of 300 have been purchased.

I particularly liked the mention for expanding the game within the Doncaster area and in picking out Rossington I have a slight bias. Spent many a good Saturday afternoon on the Welfare watching the Hornets and the journey of some of the players who went onto represent the Towns RL club, Mark Roach, Ian Fletcher, Darren Summerill to name just a few. Cracking days.
Last edited by Wilf Grimshaw on Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3426
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 201113 years198th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:3919th Mar 24 09:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: In it together - Carl Hall : Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:33 am  
Thanks for the link, Wilf.

Part of the failings with Club Doncaster over the years has been an inability to link the community with the club. Closer links with the local amateur game is essential, so it's nice to see more is going to be done on that front.

The link between IMG and the charge to go in the bar seemed rather tenuous but I appreciate all clubs must now try to satisfy the rules IMG set for gradings. I hope this is done in a transparent manner.

I was confused by the reference to 'members' as opposed to 'season ticket holders'.

I find the interviewer (is he called Robbie?) very poor as he asks leading questions rather than probing questions. He should have sought clarification on what 'members' means.

I agree that the club is stronger when fans get behind the team and cheer them on win or lose. If the players do their best and lose, I never feel any need to criticise them. I have total respect for their bravery and willingness to put their necks on the line for our entertainment.

Let's hope 2023 is our year and we can finally get out of this league.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2214
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 17 200321 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Sep 23 15:3325th Sep 23 10:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: In it together - Carl Hall : Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:47 am  
I think "Robbie's" questions will have been pre-prepared for him so as not to be challenging and not to cause any discomfort.

Somone on Cleggbook raised a very good point which bar will away supporters go to, will they have access to something post/pre game? if not that's lost revenue to the club despite gaining some on the "members" thing.

I agree the IMG/Members thing is very tenious if feel like a convenient scape goat for some poor decisions and communication.

I see the usual RarRars are out yes £60 for a season ticket is very cheap but also with the current economic climate committing to £60 is still a challenge, loading an extra charge on there as well so you can experience the full experience isn't a great look either. I am in the fortunate position that I could afford a season ticket but sadly my work and home commitments prevent me from attending the vast majority of games so it doesn't make sense for me to purchase one as I might only get to 2 games a season if that.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain252No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 02 20159 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Mar 24 10:3414th Mar 24 10:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: In it together - Carl Hall : Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:25 pm  
In this video when asked about promotion CH says I didn't say we are going to win it which does not conform with what he said after the end of last season. That was that this season they will not be going up via the play offs.That is why expectations for bigger signings were high. So which is it, have the expectations been lowered already?