Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping list for 2025
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:37 am  
Irregs#16 wrote:
Whitehead for next year on marquee

Is that a hope or a rumour, I'd definitely take him for a year, try to get him here this season if possible, exactly the type of forward we are missing.

I know Hall in Old, but I'd have been quote happy to sign him for a year, improves Leeds wing options and gives them a quota place to play with.
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:48 am  
Steve0 wrote:
34 year old Tariq Sims...27 year old Okunbor, I know which one I'd rather have signed this season

I’d have even took 36 year old McQueen over him if he hadn’t retired.
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 am  
giddyupoldfella wrote:
But if we want to be at the top, then we're gonna have to make players of his calibre in our league.

Tom Johnstone, another one up for grabs, we could do with a quality winger. Are we going in for him or do we sit back and let our opposistion have him

Tom Johnstone heading back to Wakefield according to reports along with Minekin from the Dragons
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:12 am  
Whitehead is exactly the type of player we need, an experienced head and most of all, a very good second rower.
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:22 am  
Whitehead has only played 35 mins this season for Canberra.
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:25 am  
mwindass wrote:
Whitehead has only played 35 mins this season for Canberra.

Believe he copped a ban and has struggled with a pec injury, so he'd fit into our side perfectly :lol:
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:46 am  
I think we do need some experienced heads around. We need to find a new Gareth Ellis type signing or a Mark Minnichello or a Frank Pritchard. Someone that not only brings something to the field but offers qualities off it too.
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:18 am  
[quote="mwindass"]Whitehead has only played 35 mins this season for Canberra

Missed the first few games, then came back for one and got a calf niggle. Could be back this week
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:21 am  
Could definitely do with someone like Whiteheads experience in the camp, again, like Myler he has been at top clubs (Canberra and Catalan) for a long period, we well as playing 31 games for GB/England, nobody in our current squad comes close to that level of experience
Re: Shopping list for 2025 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 am  
Thought Whitehead was retiring
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC