FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - World Cup
Re: World Cup : Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:53 pm  
Maybe Sneyd not the answer. But welsby FB Sneyd in the halfs makes a better balanced team. Plus we all know Sneyd can raise his game on the big stage. Anyway we will never know. So defo be shouting for Samoa.
Re: World Cup : Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:10 am  
Picking over the bones of that game
today.
We were simply not good enough and Australia based on the semi final would have beaten us convincingly.
They remain at another level to our game
Re: World Cup : Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:24 am  
Thought team selection and tactically Wane got it wrong. Welsby was very poor and looked totally out of place.
Really disappointing performance, but hats off to Samoa they did just about everything right.
Re: World Cup : Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:43 pm  
Massive error not carrying a 2nd hooker, a quick hooker would have had a field day last 20 minutes, should have been Leeming and Acker, Micky M no better than Houghton.

Have to start playing Welsby at FB, Sneyd isn't good enough and wouldn't have made a difference, Harry Smith would have been at 7 with Williams at 6.

So the poor standard of depth when Watkins in our 3rd best centre.

Don't think Bateman is good enough either, surprised am NRL club are about to sign him.

Definitely some positives, but I'd be looking at a new coach, one who can put his club bias to one side.
Re: World Cup : Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:08 pm  
well some players matched the big fish, little pond scenario yesterday, treat like god like players by fans of their clubs in SL yet went missing when coming up against much better calibre of player

our NRL based players were the standouts imo, (even with the intercept thrown by Radley and dropped ball by Young), shows how far we are still behind the Southern Hemisphere game
Re: World Cup : Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:16 pm  
number 6 wrote:
well some players matched the big fish, little pond scenario yesterday, treat like god like players by fans of their clubs in SL yet went missing when coming up against much better calibre of player

our NRL based players were the standouts imo, (even with the intercept thrown by Radley and dropped ball by Young), shows how far we are still behind the Southern Hemisphere game


Yeah thought the NRL based players where very good, thought Williams and Makinson also excellent.

The three missing Saints players would have made a difference too, a few injuries and we struggle unlike Aus.
Re: World Cup : Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:16 pm  
Chris71 wrote:
Thought team selection and tactically Wane got it wrong. Welsby was very poor and looked totally out of place.
Really disappointing performance, but hats off to Samoa they did just about everything right.


Welsby is a fantastic player.All players have an off day.
Not sure Wane got it wrong.We simply made too many errors which cost us the match
Re: World Cup : Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:19 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Welsby is a fantastic player.All players have an off day.
Not sure Wane got it wrong.We simply made too many errors which cost us the match

As someone said earlier, it was like watching FC, error strewn and daft penalties., can’t do it at any level.
Re: World Cup : Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:46 pm  
Welsby never a half, might get away with it in Super League but his many limitations brutally exposed yesterday.

Just no passing game, no kicking game, poor defence & much harder to make ground when not kick returning. Thought I saw a bit of petulance more than once, bit reminiscent of our recently departed JC, just didn't cope with not being allowed to boss the game.

Back to full back for me, he might be top class but maybe saw over the weekend what trult top class is ?
Re: World Cup : Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:43 am  
Dave K. wrote:
Massive error not carrying a 2nd hooker, a quick hooker would have had a field day last 20 minutes, should have been Leeming and Acker, Micky M no better than Houghton.

Have to start playing Welsby at FB, Sneyd isn't good enough and wouldn't have made a difference, Harry Smith would have been at 7 with Williams at 6.

So the poor standard of depth when Watkins in our 3rd best centre.

Don't think Bateman is good enough either, surprised am NRL club are about to sign him.

Definitely some positives, but I'd be looking at a new coach, one who can put his club bias to one side.

Common sense says play the same team who beat samoa in the 1st match

If he played different team and lost people would be saying whys he changed it so wane literally couldn't win

Welsby was the best player last time

Gotta remember samoa have 5 or 6 grand final winners from NRL who walked in the origin team and starred in the origin ( luai, Crichton, to'o )

And I hope samoa win next week
PreviousNext

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC