FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping List 2023
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:23 pm  
bonaire wrote:
But its not going to make either Griffin or Taylor into better players
They are both finished as S/L quality players
Both will be very difficult to move on because of salary but i see little point in keeping these two in the fold.
Makes sense to try and move Connor on for a fee and use some of the money to either pay them off or contribute to their salary at a new club


If they have both done what has been alleged and are as poor as suggested, which team do you think will want to take them off you hands. Maybe terminating contracts due to their behaviour would be a more realistic option. If all the allegations are true that is!
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:45 pm  
bonaire wrote:
But its not going to make either Griffin or Taylor into better players
They are both finished as S/L quality players
Both will be very difficult to move on because of salary but i see little point in keeping these two in the fold.
Makes sense to try and move Connor on for a fee and use some of the money to either pay them off or contribute to their salary at a new club


I agree it’s going to be very difficult to move them on, same as other players we’d like to see go.
What we have now though is a new coaching regime, and players won’t be able to behave how they have in the past and their be no consequences. AP will back the coaches now, as players can’t hide behind any perceived coaching deficiencies.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:16 pm  
Irregs#16 wrote:
Griffin walking off from training
Taylor refusing to come on against Rovers and bad mouthing Hodgson to everyone he meets seemingly.

These ain't just rumors


Of course they are. They are literally rumours unless you can prove the stories are true.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:34 pm  
Sorry I thought if your dreamt it then it was true lol.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:35 pm  
Irregs#16 wrote:
Griffin walking off from training
Taylor refusing to come on against Rovers and bad mouthing Hodgson to everyone he meets seemingly.

These ain't just rumors

Think they must be because both of those incidents are sackable offences and they wouldn’t need paying off.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:39 pm  
Trouble is you can sprout any s Hite then just say it's rumour. Am sure that some maybe true but there's a lot of made up stuff to suit whatever agenda your plowing
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:51 am  
Wire are looking to offload Oli Holmes. We're desperate for a second row.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:13 am  
mwindass wrote:
Wire are looking to offload Oli Holmes. We're desperate for a second row.


To be honest at present whilst not a world beater he would at least be an option that would improve our 2nd row options and still leave us with a quota spot, though all depends on how much his wage demands would be.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:40 am  
Chris71 wrote:
To be honest at present whilst not a world beater he would at least be an option that would improve our 2nd row options and still leave us with a quota spot, though all depends on how much his wage demands would be.


I imagine he'll be on a fair bit at Wire. They might need to make some cap space to sign Clifford
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:31 am  
mwindass wrote:
Chris71 wrote:
To be honest at present whilst not a world beater he would at least be an option that would improve our 2nd row options and still leave us with a quota spot, though all depends on how much his wage demands would be.


I imagine he'll be on a fair bit at Wire. They might need to make some cap space to sign Clifford


If so and Wire want to move him on then they'll likely have to pay him off and at this late stage not many clubs would have room for him. I'm surprised if Wire are looking to move him on when Powell took him from Cas with him unless Powell is not happy with him.
Last edited by Chris71 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bonaire, ComeOnYouUll, Hasbag, Homenaway, Marcus's Bicycle, Steve0 and 142 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC