FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Shopping List 2023
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:00 am  
Think Longstaff was a breath of fresh air, as we had a team that couldn’t be bothered to make an effort. We weren’t used to that desire and enthusiasm.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him back at some point, but we need a bit of size in the back row first.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:16 pm  
No more players according to HDM. We couldn't work out a deal to get Wallace
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:31 pm  
mwindass wrote:
No more players according to HDM. We couldn't work out a deal to get Wallace

Yep. I asked Dan Tomlinson this morning about Wallace and he said no further recruitment. TS happy to go with what he's got.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:55 pm  
Fingers crossed we don't get any serious injuries to Lane or Savelio next season
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:23 pm  
mwindass wrote:
Fingers crossed we don't get any serious injuries to Lane or Savelio next season

Indeed, we look very weak in the 2nd row and lack any real size. Possibly Sao &/or Griff to 2nd row as an option?
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:27 pm  
At least the recruitment we have done is very good, and the coaching set up is a huge improvement from previous years. Will be an opportunity for the younger players as well.

We can build on that, and reshape the squad a lot more next year.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:10 am  
Key area now is to start now retention for 2024, we have a lot of players OOC and I have no doubt that Radford will be looking at our players particularly Sao, not everyone but him Satae, Fash and Brown are key IMO.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:12 am  
Plenty more wiggle room next season
I expect we'll see an upgrade from what we get rid of.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:26 am  
Isaiah wrote:
Plenty more wiggle room next season
I expect we'll see an upgrade from what we get rid of.

I hope so, but we should look to re-sign Sao as soon as we can, doubtless Cas will be in his options next year and he, for me is a superb , often under appreciated player. I'd rather not lose any of our overseas props, given that evans showed some improvement as the season wore on, but Sao would be a bigger loss than him or Satae, if that was the scenario we faced.

We will , hopefully see a few of the younger players develop under Smith, which could mean that we go for some real quality in the positions we are lacking a bit, by releasing some high earners who are coming to their end with us next year.
Re: Shopping List 2023 : Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:41 am  
GrahamBray wrote:
I hope so, but we should look to re-sign Sao as soon as we can, doubtless Cas will be in his options next year and he, for me is a superb , often under appreciated player. I'd rather not lose any of our overseas props, given that evans showed some improvement as the season wore on, but Sao would be a bigger loss than him or Satae, if that was the scenario we faced.

We will , hopefully see a few of the younger players develop under Smith, which could mean that we go for some real quality in the positions we are lacking a bit, by releasing some high earners who are coming to their end with us next year.

Think some NRL clubs might be looking at Sao for 2024
PreviousNext