Re: League Predictions 2024 : Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:49 pm  
I hope Nick Fozzard is happy.
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:39 pm  
ComeOnYouUll wrote:
I hope Nick Fozzard is happy.

From this;

Nick Fozzard
@Fozzythebear1
I hit sinfield with a very deliberate attack to his head hurting him quite badly giving away a penalty - my captain Nat wood shouted to me, “do it to him again” so I did - I head butted Barrie macdermot & got sent off - & we lost

To this;

Nick Fozzard
@Fozzythebear1
I’m involved in this case to provide for my kids & fiancée when I’m no longer here - I hope you can all relate to that

Can he litigate against himself?
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:51 pm  
Dave K. wrote:
If these new rules come in, think this could be my last season watching English RL.

But RFL have to be seen doing something now or the judiciary consequences will bankrupt the game. RFU are going to go through due process and it may well bankrupt them. Owen Farrell, if he litigates, god help sport.
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:52 am  
Marcus's Bicycle wrote:
From this;

Nick Fozzard
@Fozzythebear1
I hit sinfield with a very deliberate attack to his head hurting him quite badly giving away a penalty - my captain Nat wood shouted to me, “do it to him again” so I did - I head butted Barrie macdermot & got sent off - & we lost

To this;

Nick Fozzard
@Fozzythebear1
I’m involved in this case to provide for my kids & fiancée when I’m no longer here - I hope you can all relate to that

Can he litigate against himself?

Absolute scum these ex players trying to kill the game we love

This will end RL imo
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:06 pm  
Regarding Fozzard and a bit o/t…who was the Aussie prop we had on a short term loan who gave Fozzard a good slap in a derby at bin-dipper park…Cordovza or something?
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:09 pm  
I know player welfare is very high up atm but players know what the risks are playing this game.
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:28 pm  
The games afoot wrote:
Regarding Fozzard and a bit o/t…who was the Aussie prop we had on a short term loan who gave Fozzard a good slap in a derby at bin-dipper park…Cordovza or something?

Josh Cordoba in 2009.He played the last eight games that season.
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:53 pm  
The games afoot wrote:
I know player welfare is very high up atm but players know what the risks are playing this game.

Indeed, and if these lads weren't playing Rugby what other riskier occupations would some be doing? Rig work, heavy machinery etc.

Everyone staying in wrapped in cotton wool brings it's own health issues too.
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:40 am  
UllFC wrote:
Indeed, and if these lads weren't playing Rugby what other riskier occupations would some be doing? Rig work, heavy machinery etc.

Everyone staying in wrapped in cotton wool brings it's own health issues too.

Problem is modern day snowflakes

Can't believe the sport is bowing down to the ex players

They wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court

Like you say no one forced them to play and likes of fozzard didn't bat an eyelid when trying to dish it out
Re: League Predictions 2024 : Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:21 pm  
Looks like 99% of fans think it's a terrible idea. Not seen one player back it either. Time for the players to make a stand, or even the clubs, they hold all the resources and could easily break away from the RFL.

I appreciate the players welfare, but just get them to sign a waiver, plenty more sports and jobs that are far more dangerous than RL.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC