JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200816 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 23:3018th Apr 24 23:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 am  
1315trinity wrote:
Times are tough and RL in Wakefield wasn't important, before these hard times - it's even less now I'm afraid.
Perhaps there's never been a better time for the club to be run by an accountant - another leader might borrow in the hope of spending to get out of this mess but who's available anyway?
There's only one thing to do this season, and that's for those guys who have got us into this mess to get us out of it.
We need players back, Bowden, Tanginoa etc but more than that we need a leader on the field and I cannot remember the last time we had one. Ashurst comes across as a nice guy and no doubting his commitment but when times are tough you need a Mr Nastie on the field.
Unfortunately the likes of Turner and Karalius don't seem to exist anymore - how I wish we had the likes!

Proctor is absolutely that leader. We need him back on the pitch, and fit.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2544
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 19 201212 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:5516th Apr 24 11:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:25 pm  
1315trinity wrote:
Times are tough and RL in Wakefield wasn't important, before these hard times - it's even less now I'm afraid.
Perhaps there's never been a better time for the club to be run by an accountant - another leader might borrow in the hope of spending to get out of this mess but who's available anyway?
There's only one thing to do this season, and that's for those guys who have got us into this mess to get us out of it.
We need players back, Bowden, Tanginoa etc but more than that we need a leader on the field and I cannot remember the last time we had one. Ashurst comes across as a nice guy and no doubting his commitment but when times are tough you need a Mr Nastie on the field.
Unfortunately the likes of Turner and Karalius don't seem to exist anymore - how I wish we had the likes!

Turner now there was a leader Can remember when we played Wigan in the Challenge Cup Final .Wigan were all over us in the first 15 minutes , And you could ear Turner laying the law down above the roar of the crowd
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5182
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 11 200420 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Apr 24 11:398th Apr 24 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:22 pm  
1315trinity wrote:

Which guys are these ?
RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 201113 years250th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 24 22:033rd Mar 24 01:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:04 pm  
comeontrinity wrote:
So now my rage has gone down and the apathy hit in today after the Hall news.
I have no issue with Dagger or Hall for wanting out if it was at his bequest.
We know Carter wants out. I’ve said a few things I thought I’d never say about someone who at one point saved our amazing club.
When the heart rules the head, as I’m sure most on here know.

So it’s maybe time for us fans to take direct action to if not stop this season from falling but to build out club back together in the future for us all. We don’t all have to agree with one another’s points of view but with respect for each other.

Is it time we put our money where our mouths are and look to build a fans consortium?
1 member one vote, a monthly subscription and either a board member with money backing from the rest to compliment other board members or the whole club with monthly income.
We’re not getting that wealthy backer are we, but we could be that man. One and everyone of us. No club people telling us to just give, we would be the club.
I know we are thin on the ground as fans especially with money to loose but say 500 at £100 month gives us £600,000
And what if we could get 1000 plus. 2000 and drop it to £50 and we 1.2 mil a year.
Start a board to get it going, get members then run it like a proper members club. One member one vote.
Could we take our future into our own hands? Are we grown up enough? Are there others out there who like me are getting fed up of waiting for the one rich person who isn’t coming?
Let’s us the obvious hard core fans a least debate this and maybe change our own fortunes for the sake of the 150 yrs that have passed. My grandad would be turning in his grave, my mother gave up after Willie was sacked and she’s 76 and been since she was a toddler. I can’t take the arguments at my parents anymore as dad still goes.
Could we do our past families and future families proud and make the change ourselves???
Can we bring the Dreadnoughts back to life???

I already put my money where my mouth is to the tune of a grand. I feel very let down by people, like yourself, who I wouldn't have heard a bad word said about.
I don't think I could justify 100 a month. But 50 maybe. I'd certainly be willing to discuss it but I wouldn't commit to it till we had the numbers you state signed up.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13484
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200617 years64th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 21:0318th Apr 24 19:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
1/10

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:36 am  
People moan about paying £5+ a pint, no chance you'll get any more cash from the supporter base, certainly not beyond the £500 somebhave shelled out earlier this year.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain347
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 31 20195 years242nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:378th Apr 24 09:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:53 am  
comeontrinity wrote:
So now my rage has gone down and the apathy hit in today after the Hall news.
I have no issue with Dagger or Hall for wanting out if it was at his bequest.
We know Carter wants out. I’ve said a few things I thought I’d never say about someone who at one point saved our amazing club.
When the heart rules the head, as I’m sure most on here know.

So it’s maybe time for us fans to take direct action to if not stop this season from falling but to build out club back together in the future for us all. We don’t all have to agree with one another’s points of view but with respect for each other.

Is it time we put our money where our mouths are and look to build a fans consortium?
1 member one vote, a monthly subscription and either a board member with money backing from the rest to compliment other board members or the whole club with monthly income.
We’re not getting that wealthy backer are we, but we could be that man. One and everyone of us. No club people telling us to just give, we would be the club.
I know we are thin on the ground as fans especially with money to loose but say 500 at £100 month gives us £600,000
And what if we could get 1000 plus. 2000 and drop it to £50 and we 1.2 mil a year.
Start a board to get it going, get members then run it like a proper members club. One member one vote.
Could we take our future into our own hands? Are we grown up enough? Are there others out there who like me are getting fed up of waiting for the one rich person who isn’t coming?
Let’s us the obvious hard core fans a least debate this and maybe change our own fortunes for the sake of the 150 yrs that have passed. My grandad would be turning in his grave, my mother gave up after Willie was sacked and she’s 76 and been since she was a toddler. I can’t take the arguments at my parents anymore as dad still goes.
Could we do our past families and future families proud and make the change ourselves???
Can we bring the Dreadnoughts back to life???

Didn't they just do this and bought the lawnmower?
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35935
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200420 years16th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 13:4618th Apr 24 10:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:58 am  
Prince Buster wrote:
Which guys are these ?

Same guys it always is, Directors/Coaches/Players, delete to suit.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 20177 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Jun 23 18:3623rd Apr 23 01:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:14 pm  
That was the club that did that. I am offering the idea up that we the supporters start our own fund community group/trust and buy into the club as a community director/s.

Supplying our own trust with voted in people to our own trust with our own democratically voted for ideas with the financial backing of ourselves and get ourselves a slice of the pie on running the club.
They’re by helping the club financially and having a say what happens and also having a legal right to know what the hell goes on as members of our own trust with board access.
For me with the view eventually of making WT a fully ran community trust ran club possibly.
For the members and by the members down the line.
That’s what I’m thinking of. Those sums mentioned were just an idea to start.
If we could get a few like minded and capable people together that would be up for exploring the possibility of this happening and how to make it happen then put your name down.
We had very active and passionate people trying very hard for the Newmarket debacle and it’s those kind of people that would be needed again but this time purely for ourselves as supporters to start to have the say and clout we all want but individually can not afford to but would as a block of little investments end up as a large financial body.
Mines here, anyone else with me?
Maybe too late this year to set up and do but going forward this could be the thing that gets the clubs great again???
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player749
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 06 20222 years121st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:193rd Apr 24 22:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Less angry more thoughtful now : Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:19 pm  
as a long term fan of the club ... I don't think I have let wins or losses.. or any other such issues affect how I would support or sponsor the club... indeed my biggest input into that kind of thing was before we won promotion to Super league.

the social media society that we live in now where dualistic argument and anger is almost mandatory, does nothing but create division and unhappiness... yet we almost seem unable now to live without it..

I was saddened and disappointed when Hall was swapped... but I also remember being disappointed when Dagger chose to go to Warrington as an academy kid... anger never entered my mind... its a wasteful emotion.

So Corey Hall is now a HKR player and I'm still a Trinity fan... the former situation wont last forever... but the latter situation will!
Previous