FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Langi
Re: Langi : Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:59 pm  
The club's prerogative to do what the hell they please.
If someone 5hits on my family they don't get welcomed back. IMHO obviously.
Re: Langi : Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:02 pm  
Only thing I’m not getting is we backed out of signing Shaul because we wanted to use the remaining funds on forwards and then this???? Still think he’s a decent signing though
Re: Langi : Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:10 pm  
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo wrote:
The club's prerogative to do what the hell they please.
If someone 5hits on my family they don't get welcomed back. IMHO obviously.

I get what you are saying mate but i think some players have done far worse over the years. Nathan bloody Wood immediately springing to mind.
Re: Langi : Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:34 pm  
Don’t get me wrong I think Langi is a good player and will strengthen our squad just a surprising signing when all the talk from MA has been about the middles. I just worry previous offseasons were about signing utility players that are value for money and it didn’t seem to work out. I was hoping this off season we concentrated in one area such as the middles and really built from the inside out this off season
Re: Langi : Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:03 pm  
Good strong utility signing that can cover a number of positions 3,4,6,7,11,12 which Trinity will need. He’ll get plenty of game time..

:CLAP: :CLAP:
Re: Langi : Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:13 am  
brettoncat wrote:
Only thing I’m not getting is we backed out of signing Shaul because we wanted to use the remaining funds on forwards and then this???? Still think he’s a decent signing though

I think that was said, taking into account they were determined to sign Langi, when he became available ages ago.
I also think he's a very good signing.
We all back out of things at some time in our life, but you move on and he now has a point to prove to us!
Re: Langi : Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:41 am  
Re: Langi : Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:26 am  
Excellent signing.
I know there are plenty of people having a pop at both the player and the club over him walking away when he had signed previously.
However, would you rather that we had forced him to come over, when there were some reasons when he didnt want to or, do the right thing, allow the player to have another season in France and then come when he was ready and with even more reason to perform.

There is always a bigger picture and much as it was disappointing that he didn't come here before, once again, the club have been utterly honourable and should reap the rewards of doing things "the right way".

He should come here absolutely firing on all cylinders and he will be a great asset, not least with his versitility.
Re: Langi : Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:21 pm  
Lockers700 wrote:
I know some will say that we shouldn’t touch him after last year, but the guy is quality across a number of positions, very pleased with this signing.

To be totally fair to Langi, at least he was honest in his dealings with us
I’m sure he was acting in good faith when signing his contract but things can change afterwards and in the end, if he didn’t feel fully invested, the best and most honest course of action is to say so rather than to unhappily continue.
Re: Langi : Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:26 pm  
There would also be people having 'a pop' at the club being inactive if Langi had gone to Leigh. Can never win
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity