FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad numbers - full list in first post
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:32 pm  
BackSeatCoach wrote:
I'm worried about how this looks in my cynical world. I'm worried that Ritson is an insurance policy for Saints if they can't tempt Lewis in 2024.

I would dearly hope that Lewis signs an extended deal with us next year, but if he doesn't I would be gutted. It's a short life in RL though isn't it. And I saw Allan Hunte start his career at Wakefield and before we knew it within a few short games Alex Murphy had seduced him. Gutted.


As I remember it, he'd already signed or intended to sign before he even played a game for us.
At the time it was probably the right decision for him.

On Sts, I'm not sure Ritson is even their first choice. They've said they are still happy playing Bennison.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:03 pm  
BackSeatCoach wrote:
I'm worried about how this looks in my cynical world. I'm worried that Ritson is an insurance policy for Saints if they can't tempt Lewis in 2024.

I would dearly hope that Lewis signs an extended deal with us next year, but if he doesn't I would be gutted. It's a short life in RL though isn't it. And I saw Allan Hunte start his career at Wakefield and before we knew it within a few short games Alex Murphy had seduced him. Gutted.


I suppose some people will say that's the way it is for the so called 'lesser' clubs who nurture talented youngsters, then see them leave. We've had varying amounts of actually getting some seasons out of certain players haven't we? Westwood we hardly saw, Ellis a bit more of, same with Nigel Wright i guess. TJ maybe the most as in appearances? Maybe with the new facilities at the club, and the hopefully more disposable income as a result, we can hang onto players like Murphy for longer, well that's the theory i suppose!!
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:12 pm  
I'll be interested who gets 6
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:15 pm  
[quote="PopTart"]Second choice backline

Murphy
Langi
Gaskell
Kershaw

Looking strong[/quote

Would be stronger with a full-back i'd say :P

Not necessary.
Murph is good enough to cover both positions..... :lol:
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:17 pm  
BackSeatCoach wrote:
But you started your argument (that numbers were pointless), predicated on Dave playing most games last year, whereby to Dave himself numbers clearly meant something. You implied that the meaning of squad numbers is of no value to anyone.

Seemingly, having lost that argument you have now perpetuated the same premise to Lewis Murphy, attaching gravitas to the fact that the number of games played is not directly linked to a squad number. And also that I called Tom Lineham a pig.

I know how squad numbers work. But this wasn't your argument. And I didn't called Tim Lineham a Pig per ce - he is "The Pig", "The Flying Pig".

Is that clear?


I'm sure "Tim" Lineham will be delighted to hear it........ :roll:
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:20 pm  
BackSeatCoach wrote:
I'm worried about how this looks in my cynical world. I'm worried that Ritson is an insurance policy for Saints if they can't tempt Lewis in 2024.

They've just given Bennison a two year contract, so presumably he'll fit in somewhere in the equation.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:03 pm  
Murphy is one of 5 players short-listed for "Best Domestic Newcomer 2022" in today's League Express Reader's Poll, along with Bennison, Deon Cross, Frankie Halton and James Harrison...get voting people :thumb:
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:14 pm  
FIL wrote:
Murphy is one of 5 players short-listed for "Best Domestic Newcomer 2022" in today's League Express Reader's Poll, along with Bennison, Deon Cross, Frankie Halton and James Harrison...get voting people :thumb:


Absolutely not!!! Do not vote! The less he achieves and the more under the radar he is the more chance we have retaining him.

In all seriousness looking at that list hard to see how he doesn’t win it.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:11 pm  
I hope Murphy requested to keep his shirt number
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:12 pm  
djcool wrote:
I'll be interested who gets 6

Well seeing how Lineham got No5, I reckon Battye could be a strong possibility for No6
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eric35 and 105 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity