FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad numbers - full list in first post
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:01 pm  
vastman wrote:
Don't agree, an opinion based on what?

No pig was an insult in this case, look again at the context in which he used it, then tell me that was the use of a friendly nickname.

I know you love to be contrary with me, and why not if it makes you happy, but this time I'll defend my position.


Can we not just assume we do this back and forth for once and you understand that calling someone's opinion pathetic is inflammatory, whether its right or wrong.
Just prove him wrong with logic and knowledge rather than that.

I agree about the way he uses pig but it's still the name he gives himself.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:06 pm  
[quote="PopTart"]Second choice backline

Murphy
Langi
Gaskell
Kershaw

Looking strong[/quote

Would be stronger with a full-back i'd say :P
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:08 pm  
If Lineham plays in front of Murphy or Kershaw or Jorge then he's doing the business. If he doesn't and stinks the place out he will be on the sides line/reserves/on loan. What the number on his back is not relevant. The squad numbers and how they are revealed is just a bit of fun in the run up to Christmas. There's novreason to get all snowfakey about but all.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:10 pm  
[quote="Wildcatnomore"]

Lol.
You make a good point
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:15 pm  
[quote="PopTart"]

:lol: Still, i do agree with you, we have plenty of options at least.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:55 pm  
vastman wrote:
All of it

Truth is they are in many ways utterly meaningless, for example what number did Murphy play with last year? Didn't stop him playing in every game.



But you started your argument (that numbers were pointless), predicated on Dave playing most games last year, whereby to Dave himself numbers clearly meant something. You implied that the meaning of squad numbers is of no value to anyone.

Seemingly, having lost that argument you have now perpetuated the same premise to Lewis Murphy, attaching gravitas to the fact that the number of games played is not directly linked to a squad number. And also that I called Tom Lineham a pig.

I know how squad numbers work. But this wasn't your argument. And I didn't called Tim Lineham a Pig per ce - he is "The Pig", "The Flying Pig".

Is that clear?
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:00 pm  
PopTart wrote:
Can we not just assume we do this back and forth for once and you understand that calling someone's opinion pathetic is inflammatory, whether its right or wrong.
Just prove him wrong with logic and knowledge rather than that.

I agree about the way he uses pig but it's still the name he gives himself.


How am I using "Pig" PT?

For me, the same way I would say "The Bopper", or "Bopper" as opposed to "The Big Bopper".

Detente on the Trinity message board. Wow.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:16 pm  
PopTart wrote:
Sts have already replaced Grace.


Well they have and they haven’t.

They have signed Ritson on a 1 year deal, with a second year in their favour.

I think he is formally signed on loan for this year and then if Saints want they take him for the second year.

Obviously if Ritson smashes it they won’t be looking but I’d wager they will be aggressively knocking on the door for 24 and their success/failure with those attempts will dictate if they take Ritson for 24.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:21 pm  
BackSeatCoach wrote:
How am I using "Pig" PT?

For me, the same way I would say "The Bopper", or "Bopper" as opposed to "The Big Bopper".

Detente on the Trinity message board. Wow.


You tell me. Did you mean it as a compliment?

I'm not fussed personally. It was a mild dig at best.
Re: Squad numbers : Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:27 pm  
jonh wrote:
Well they have and they haven’t.

They have signed Ritson on a 1 year deal, with a second year in their favour.

I think he is formally signed on loan for this year and then if Saints want they take him for the second year.

Obviously if Ritson smashes it they won’t be looking but I’d wager they will be aggressively knocking on the door for 24 and their success/failure with those attempts will dictate if they take Ritson for 24.


I'm worried about how this looks in my cynical world. I'm worried that Ritson is an insurance policy for Saints if they can't tempt Lewis in 2024.

I would dearly hope that Lewis signs an extended deal with us next year, but if he doesn't I would be gutted. It's a short life in RL though isn't it. And I saw Allan Hunte start his career at Wakefield and before we knew it within a few short games Alex Murphy had seduced him. Gutted.
PreviousNext

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity